Allomerus - A Normal Life - (Now with video)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

that would be....Bruce Dickinson. Yes, THE Bruce Dickinson!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCd0OjjCz88
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:that would be....Bruce Dickinson. Yes, THE Bruce Dickinson!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCd0OjjCz88
Thanks layzer. Now that's very amusing. :hihi:

The guy doing the cowbell (and his dancing belly) and also Bruce are very funny!

Thanks for sharing that!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote:
annode wrote:Wow, great tune.Like all of it. But like Frantz mentioned, that snare...I don`t know `bout that sample. :band2:
Were you playing the drums on your keyboard?
HI annode, thanks for your listen and comment. All the drums are played and recorded by Paul, so I just let him do what sounds right to him. Don't know what sample he used, but it is an electronic drum kit. Usually I use a 'drummer' in Logic X to get the feel of the track and then let him hear it and then he goes for it...

Glad you enjoyed it.
I did, and will have another listen now, but just one thing...
I ask;
You answer;
All the drums are played and recorded by Paul, so I just let him do what sounds right to him.
Sorry for the confusion. I was after whether the drum samples were triggered by a keyboard. They have that 'drums played on keyboard' rhythmic sound. Just curious that`s all. :)
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

nice and a bit funky maybe this is just me but the singing reminds me of king louie from jungle book (which as a good thing) :)

Allomerus wrote: The sax Guitar Synth sounds very convincing except where I play it fast and it looses the sound of a sax. I guess that's what you mean and I would agree with that. It also takes the song out of it's comfort zone I think. ;)
Yes. I was referring to the fast notes earlier. The attack gives it a "guitar" sound. The long notes sound very convincing.

You answer;
All the drums are played and recorded by Paul, so I just let him do what sounds right to him.
Sorry for the confusion. I was after whether the drum samples were triggered by a keyboard. They have that 'drums played on keyboard' rhythmic sound. Just curious that`s all. :)[/quote]

Paul plays electronic drums on an electronic drum kit. He hardly every plays keyboard, although he likes them ;)
Bandcamp

dephstep wrote:nice and a bit funky maybe this is just me but the singing reminds me of king louie from jungle book (which as a good thing) :)
Thanks dephstep. King Louie! :hihi:
Or is that 8)
Bandcamp

Wow, really cool!

Reminds me of Hatfield and the North (a great band).

I would love to hear Capt. Beafheart sing duet with the lead vocal.

The sax has kind of a Gong mets King Crimson quality.

Yea baby!

Lovely, strange, quirky and somewhat sultry journey. Quite enjoyed the listen John, cheers! :)
Image Image

Enjoyably quirky :hihi:
... besides 'normal' is boring :lol:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

PatchAdamz wrote:Wow, really cool!

Reminds me of Hatfield and the North (a great band).

I would love to hear Capt. Beafheart sing duet with the lead vocal.

The sax has kind of a Gong mets King Crimson quality.

Yea baby!
Thanks Patch! I would love to duet with Captain Beefheart! And, also he would have some great stories to tell... ;)
Bandcamp

polyslax wrote:Lovely, strange, quirky and somewhat sultry journey. Quite enjoyed the listen John, cheers! :)
Thanks Matt! All these words are what I wanted to get back from people. Glad it evokes this reaction from you... Putting anything new up yourself soon?
Bandcamp

folderol wrote:Enjoyably quirky :hihi:
... besides 'normal' is boring :lol:
Thanks folderol! Too true, 'normal' is boring, whatever that is. :evil: :clown: :hyper: :roll: 8)
Bandcamp

Nice original piece, some great darkness in there in the lyrics and the delivery. Loved the old-style sound to the drums. Thank you for sharing your music

Codestation wrote:Nice original piece, some great darkness in there in the lyrics and the delivery. Loved the old-style sound to the drums. Thank you for sharing your music
Thanks Codestation! :)
Glad you enjoyed it,we were trying something quirky with it! Old style and odd is good. ;)
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”