Any updates on U-he Hive release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Astralv wrote:I received update from U-he about everything else other than the Hive. I trusted them that full version will be released soon as they promised and bought it in January or so. Two months later and not even one update. I understand they have other things to work on, but their news e-mail was talking about many things and not even courtesy note, something like, "If you waiting on the full version of Hive, we will have it around..." I have seen delayed releases before, but it is different when they actually charged money for it. The demo version came with 5 presets. I expect more than 5 presents for the money I paid. Wondering if they would bother to update us about the progress.
You're right, we should have mentioned Hive in the newsletter. It was an honest oversight during a very hectic week.

However, buying a license is srictly voluntary. The public beta serial number still gives Hive to anyone for free. Nevertheless we have a great community of users who always ask to support us early, in case of which we sell the license early with a discount. This is what's happening now.

On a positive note, we're confident we can announce a release date during Musikmesse mid of April.

Thank you for the informative replies. Was not looking for over-emotional responses. There enough drama in life as it is.

I can not keep up with what company has official forums and where. I post under "instruments" and this is where I and most of people read. If there is information on U-he forum, then thank you for pointing it out. Also- what 500 of sounds are you talking about and what other Beta? I have one Beta- the first. And it has 5 sounds. So if there is more- how come I never heard of it? I would think- there would be an e-mail about the update. My soft synths count at this time is 350. I do not install any demo or free plugins. Everything I have is paid. It is not realistic to expect me to check on 350 forums regularly to fish for the possible updates. For those that like to make sounds from scratch, the synth itself has a value. I do not make sounds from scratch- why would I- I have 350 soft synth. I never will learn how to program them and I have no interest. I enjoy your, creative folks, beautiful presets. Many people raise presets creation to the level of art- I will never be able to compete with it. I would tweak the present to my liking but I have no time to make my own sounds. So- I am waiting for the Hive presents and nothing happens. I was wondering if I am missing some e-mail update, and apparently- I do, as it was pointed out that there was 2nd Beta and it already has presets? Am I understanding it correctly? Where can I download all of it? Thank you.

There is no email cause it is still beta.
I am sure when there is a release (like there was for ACE, Bazille and Diva) a few days ago,
you get an email
for now, you have to be on the company's forum.
I don't think that is unreasonable.

anyway.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1#p6019711

that's where the latest one is.

rsp
sound sculptist

Astralv wrote:I received update from U-he about everything else other than the Hive. I trusted them that full version will be released soon as they promised and bought it in January or so. Two months later and not even one update. I understand they have other things to work on, but their news e-mail was talking about many things and not even courtesy note, something like, "If you waiting on the full version of Hive, we will have it around..." I have seen delayed releases before, but it is different when they actually charged money for it. The demo version came with 5 presets. I expect more than 5 presents for the money I paid. Wondering if they would bother to update us about the progress.
I'm confused... What are you blathering on about? Hive is not going to be released until April.

I bought it, I knew the score. You got the memo too...

You need to 'Get a Grip on Yourself', as the song says. :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Astralv wrote:Thank you for the informative replies. Was not looking for over-emotional responses. There enough drama in life as it is.

I can not keep up with what company has official forums and where. I post under "instruments" and this is where I and most of people read. If there is information on U-he forum, then thank you for pointing it out. Also- what 500 of sounds are you talking about and what other Beta? I have one Beta- the first. And it has 5 sounds. So if there is more- how come I never heard of it? I would think- there would be an e-mail about the update. My soft synths count at this time is 350. I do not install any demo or free plugins. Everything I have is paid. It is not realistic to expect me to check on 350 forums regularly to fish for the possible updates. For those that like to make sounds from scratch, the synth itself has a value. I do not make sounds from scratch- why would I- I have 350 soft synth. I never will learn how to program them and I have no interest. I enjoy your, creative folks, beautiful presets. Many people raise presets creation to the level of art- I will never be able to compete with it. I would tweak the present to my liking but I have no time to make my own sounds. So- I am waiting for the Hive presents and nothing happens. I was wondering if I am missing some e-mail update, and apparently- I do, as it was pointed out that there was 2nd Beta and it already has presets? Am I understanding it correctly? Where can I download all of it? Thank you.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=427734

This is the latest Hive with pre-sets - about 500 more in the Hive thread if you want more made by users (some of who are professional sound designers).

There have been several betas since release, they are all posted on the U-HE forum as they are Beta (although Hive is completely stable).

Ignore the histrionics (its against the KVRlaw to even insinuate that UHE could make a mistake :wink: ), but it probably would have taken less time to check the UHE forum than write the mail! Oh- and you have too many soft synth :lol:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Astralv wrote:Thank you for the informative replies. Was not looking for over-emotional responses. There enough drama in life as it is.

Of course it is up to you whether you want to read the U-he forum here at KVR... However, that is the place to get news on Hive. Right now there are multiple threads with presets from various users, a thread about Hive in general and Urs posted a thread asking for user feedback about what users would like to see in the 3rd pane of the center hexagon (WIP Pane).

Cheers

I expected something in the news letter as well. Having it in beta for so long is a pain as you don't know what's going to get changed so one can't rely on it for real work. Also it looks like if you paid for hive you kind of are getting screwed as ita free until released, assuming it gets released at some point. Then considering nothing is getting done with the center hex and no vst 3 support...
and communication should be done via email, not a forum, forums are fine for hobbiests but if your trying to get work out its not.

DodgingRain wrote:I expected something in the news letter as well. Having it in beta for so long is a pain as you don't know what's going to get changed so one can't rely on it for real work. Also it looks like if you paid for hive you kind of are getting screwed as ita free until released, assuming it gets released at some point. Then considering nothing is getting done with the center hex and no vst 3 support...
and communication should be done via email, not a forum, forums are fine for hobbiests but if your trying to get work out its not.
People who do "real" work should know better than to use beta software. You're not getting "screwed" because you're getting a discount.

DodgingRain wrote:I expected something in the news letter as well. Having it in beta for so long is a pain as you don't know what's going to get changed so one can't rely on it for real work. Also it looks like if you paid for hive you kind of are getting screwed as ita free until released, assuming it gets released at some point. Then considering nothing is getting done with the center hex and no vst 3 support...
I don't really get this, how are the people buying it early at a discount price getting screwed? What sort of business model would benefit from keeping the public beta forever?

Urs was reluctant to put the first beta out as it was for the reasons you say about things maybe changing and missing features, it was mainly due to the enthusiasm of everyone on here it came out so early. The u-he section of this forum is the official support forum, that said though i agree a few emails updates would have been better.

I guess Hive is crossing over to a crowd less familiar with u-he, as such its perhaps understandable that some of these paying customers may not be aware of the company's approach to public betas or the frequent activity of Urs and co on this forum.

My soft synths count at this time is 350. I do not install any demo or free plugins.
It must be real tough waiting for some extra presets in the final release. What sound is it that you are missing that you think Hive will produce, and is not covered by your other 349 purchases?

Are Hive threads the new Omnisphere threads?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

nvmnd

Well, the main reason Hive isn't finsihed is the overwhelming feedback from the beta release. It was much more than we expected. I've spent a whole month (January) just answering emails. That was the time I had set aside to finish it before I went on vacation.

Thing is, we now have a lot more than 1000 factory presets that were done with the current beta (I wouldn't be surprised if we surpass 1500 + contributions in a week). There will not be any change in sound until final release. There will only be glitches and flaws removed. If you make music with the current version, it'll sound the same (less, say, hanging notes) after updating to the final.

The other thing is, the current beta works very well. There are no major bugs that require any quick update. Therefore we also concentrated on some other things that we found more urgent - such as a "proper" MIDI Learn mechanism and less clumsy methods to do certain things. That was more important to me than rushing out Hive, which is essentially a fully working product.

And lastly of course, the approaching Musikmesse sounded like the ideal moment to start talking a lot more about Hive ;-)

))) nice post.
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

trimph1 wrote:Are Hive threads the new Omnisphere threads?
Why? Do people post that it hasn't had an update since launch, underestimate the available sound patches by hundreds and claim a lack of developer communication when information has always been forthcoming in the official forum, from one of the most communicative companies out there, in the one place you'd go to look for it if you wanted to find it? :hihi:
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Return to “Instruments”