SampleTank 3 update now released - new sounds, Custom Shop, more

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bill45 wrote:To bad you can't upgrade from se with gear credits in custom shop.Can we demo all Sample tank3 sounds via custom shop if we have se?
There isn't a demo of SampleTank 3 full in Custom Shop. You would install SampleTank 3 Free and its libraries in order to do so.

Musical Gym wrote:Do we need to uninstall ST3 before installing 3.5 update?
No you do not, however you need to run the sounds updater too.

BERFAB wrote:Downloaded and updated ST3 to ST3.5 last night. Download was quick, update was just a mouse click or two. Easy. Running the sounds updater scan took a bit of time, as expected, but no glitches.

Used two instances of ST3.5 right away to bump out the beginnings of a new track in Cubase Pro 8. Used the Grand Pop piano and the Acoustic Drums Alt kit with one of the included Funk MIDI patterns. Both these instruments take quite a bit of time to load, but at least they don't hang and load reliably. Both sound excellent. The Grand Pop piano was a bit of a surprise for me. It's part of the Grand Piano series included, and is an excellently rendered instrument. The temptation on "Pop" pianos is to get a bit cartoonish with bright chorusing, and other overblown FX. This one is quite tastefully done, and except for some additional light compression, won't require any additional FX. The same is true for the other Grand Piano patches, btw.

Cheers
-B
Glad you had a good experience and that you like the pianos. I agree that pop pianos are often overlooked or prejudged, and glad you gave them a chance on your project. Also noted this to relay to the team. Thanks.

Thanks for the free upgrade! Do the choirs sound better now? ;P (Seriously, sorry about that).
Did importing of sounds to make instruments ever get fixed?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:Do we need to uninstall ST3 before installing 3.5 update?
No you do not, however you need to run the sounds updater too.
thanks Peter

bigcat1969 wrote:Thanks for the free upgrade! Do the choirs sound better now? ;P (Seriously, sorry about that).
Did importing of sounds to make instruments ever get fixed?
People have been able to import sounds from the go, but any particular issues reported already can be tracked via past or current support: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Thanks Peter.I have and like the SE version.I will eventually upgrade to ST 3

With 3.5, I'm getting random bits of the GUI flickering when running in Live 9 - 64bit OS X on Yosemite - rectangular bits of the GUI turn white/pale grey for a fraction of a second - mostly over the keyboard, part of the macro frame, the tempo box and the level meter - every few seconds before stabilising and then going back to flickering. It doesn't happen in Cubase 8.5.

How can I install the 3.5 update without installing Custom Shop?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Gamma-UT wrote:With 3.5, I'm getting random bits of the GUI flickering when running in Live 9 - 64bit OS X on Yosemite - rectangular bits of the GUI turn white/pale grey for a fraction of a second - mostly over the keyboard, part of the macro frame, the tempo box and the level meter - every few seconds before stabilising and then going back to flickering. It doesn't happen in Cubase 8.5.
Please report this to support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

DarkStar wrote:How can I install the 3.5 update without installing Custom Shop?
Custom Shop is part of the installation. If you already have T-RackS and/or AmpliTube it will update the existing Custom Shop app.

Can someone confirm the following issue?

I have the latest editions of Sampletank 3 and the sound library. Head to the Woodwinds category and then the Jazz-Pop Woodwinds.

Start at the top of the list. Load the first instrument. Play a bit. Go to the next one. Load it over the top of the first one (e.g. same channel). Play a bit. Continue down the list.

I've never been able to make it to the bottom without a session ending crash of Sonar X3 (Win 8.1, 64-bit). The Jazz Carinet and the Soparano & Clarinet instruments seem to be the likely culprits.

Can anyone check on their system as well?

Its a known issue. I reported it a few months ago and support said they're working on it. I also noticed some bass patches that would go flat when playing legato didnt get fixed either. Hopefuly the next uodate will fix them

How were we supposed to find out about this update? I'm a registered ST3 user, but I received no e-mail about this. When I loaded ST3 into a project just now, it didn't alert me of an update.

All of the ST3 updates I've been "notified" about so far have come from accidentally stumbling over threads like this on KVR.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Return to “Instruments”