Zebra Redux

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

~Pd~ wrote:Off the top of your head, drzhnn, how much work would it be to make a white redux theme with different colored panels? Are there a lot of graphic elements that would need to be edited for that, or is it just a matter of changing color values in the script file?
It's hard to say. It depends on whether it's just a white background or white background and lighter module panels. Anyways, I'd have to redraw the main menu images and most of the icons. Or maybe just inverting colors would be enough. Also, I suspect that module borders will be invisible on a white background, and they are not in the user color scheme list, so I'd have to scan through the script file and fix all the border values manually. Probably some other issues.

drzhnn wrote:
~Pd~ wrote:Off the top of your head, drzhnn, how much work would it be to make a white redux theme with different colored panels? Are there a lot of graphic elements that would need to be edited for that, or is it just a matter of changing color values in the script file?
It's hard to say. It depends on whether it's just a white background or white background and lighter module panels. Anyways, I'd have to redraw the main menu images and most of the icons. Or maybe just inverting colors would be enough. Also, I suspect that module borders will be invisible on a white background, and they are not in the user color scheme list, so I'd have to scan through the script file and fix all the border values manually. Probably some other issues.
Dude! I'm not putting in a request for YOU to do the work. Just wondering what I'd have to do to make it happen myself. Sounds like this is a longer term project - maybe I'll get to it this summer when I have more free time. In the meantime I'll settle for customizing some individual knob colors.

Thanks again for this awesome skin!

~Pd~ wrote:I recently hacked together a redux mini version with UDH colors by copy and pasting that section of the file and it worked, so I'm thinking of taking the next step in messing with it... ;-)
Btw, I also do this and got tired of copy&pasting the user colors after every release of the redux skins, so I wrote a script for that. Here it is:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash -eu

# Read user colors from Zebra Redux UDH.
CONTENT=$(sed -n '/USER COLORS START/,/USER COLORS END/p' "Zebra Redux UDH/Scripts/Zebra2.txt")

# Replace user colors in Zebra Redux Mini.
perl -0777 -i -pe "s/... USER COLORS START.*USER COLORS END .../$CONTENT/s" "Zebra Redux Mini/Scripts/Zebra2.txt"
I'm on a Mac. On Windows this might work with Cygwin.

I'm on Win, could use such a script as well. :tu:

How about doing something similar for Diva?

An unfolded version, with the Main, Modifications and Trimmers panels all visible simultaneously, would be useful.

If there was a way to get back the ability to point the scope at mod sources, which was there in the early betas, that would be great.

Sounds like an interesting idea. Too bad I don't own Diva yet :)

This skin is incredible, totally streamlined the workflow!! I want to make it my default skin so everytime I open it up it appears in zebra redux mini but when i click make default nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

drzhnn wrote:Sounds like an interesting idea. Too bad I don't own Diva yet :)
Perhaps someone might do something about that... :wink:

tommyfrizz wrote:This skin is incredible, totally streamlined the workflow!! I want to make it my default skin so everytime I open it up it appears in zebra redux mini but when i click make default nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?
Are you on Zebra 2 rev 3437 that was posted recently? It's a known bug.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3#p6088343

Ahhhh thanks. Hopefully they'll get on that soon

New update: Zebra.Redux.2015.0329.2255.zip

Zebra, Zebrify, Mini:
- new background images for OSC and MSEG editors with a grid and a ruler
- increased brightness of lines and nodes in MSEG and OSC editors

That's a pretty cool idea there for the osc/MSEG backgrounds!

However, it would probably make more sense to only show this osc bg (with numbered 128 partials) when the oscillator is in one of the two "Blend" modes, but not the "Morph" modes, no? :)

Yep, this would be nice indeed :) Though I don't know how to implement this. That layerMask thing, you know... But I'll see what I can do.

As for Morph modes, the new background is still useful for them too, for example if you want to draw symmetrical (or intentionally asymmetrical) shapes.

OK guys :party:

Different backgrounds for different OSC modes is possible. And I'm open to your suggestions. What kind of grids, rulers and other useful information would you like to see in GeoMorph, SpectroMorph, GeoBlend and SpectroBlend modes?

That is great! :)

I'm wondering if it perhaps makes sense to remove (or at least hide for the moment) the preset menu since it's not working correctly on the OSC/MSEG tabs...

As for the backgrounds, I think that for morph modes there should be a grid that's similar to the MSEG grid you implemented.

Return to “u-he”