Books - Guide to Tracktion T6/T7 - $0

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i think in stages is fine. and bill, you have helped me out a great deal with studio one pro. whatever the price, or delivery, you have a loyal customer!

Here is a question. Would you rather have the chance to buy the book early and then receive numerous updates and new chapters over a time? Or, should I wait until the full book is done, then release it?

So, I have one vote each way, so far.

I rather wait for the whole book . You can release it however you please . Maybe you should release it both ways . But bump this thread when it is completed .

Bill, thank you for all the videos you've made available for FREE on YouTube. They've been really helpful. My preference would be to buy the book early and get updates as they become available.

crowscrow wrote:Bill, thank you for all the videos you've made available for FREE on YouTube. They've been really helpful. My preference would be to buy the book early and get updates as they become available.
Agree 100% with the above.

richiehoop wrote:
crowscrow wrote:Bill, thank you for all the videos you've made available for FREE on YouTube. They've been really helpful. My preference would be to buy the book early and get updates as they become available.
Agree 100% with the above.
That's what I plan to do now. You will be able to get order then get updates. That way I can also get feedback on the book to make sure it's headed in the right direction.

I really like the idea of a book that covers it all and will definitely buy it as a digital copy, but I must ask you, Bill; are you also gonna do a "Tracktion 6 Explained" video series at Groove3, like you did with T5? I really liked that series, and since English isn't my first language, I have found that video tutorials (in at least some cases) are a bit easier to understand than printed text.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your book! Have a good one! :D

acroyear2 wrote:English isn't my first language
Well, your written English is worthy of merit; it is better composed than what I see from a lot of folks whose first language truly is English.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote:
acroyear2 wrote:English isn't my first language
Well, your written English is worthy of merit; it is better composed than what I see from a lot of folks whose first language truly is English.
Haha, thank you very much, my good man! :)

acroyear2 wrote:I really like the idea of a book that covers it all and will definitely buy it as a digital copy, but I must ask you, Bill; are you also gonna do a "Tracktion 6 Explained" video series at Groove3, like you did with T5? I really liked that series, and since English isn't my first language, I have found that video tutorials (in at least some cases) are a bit easier to understand than printed text.
Thanks for asking that.

At this point, I don't plan to do any more Tracktion videos for Groove 3. I am researching ways to publish training videos some other way.

gigazaga wrote:I am researching ways to publish training videos some other way.
Alright, I'll keep an eye open. Your videos are really good, and has helped me a lot.

Well, bonne chance, like the French use to say! :)

gigazaga wrote:
acroyear2 wrote:I really like the idea of a book that covers it all and will definitely buy it as a digital copy, but I must ask you, Bill; are you also gonna do a "Tracktion 6 Explained" video series at Groove3, like you did with T5? I really liked that series, and since English isn't my first language, I have found that video tutorials (in at least some cases) are a bit easier to understand than printed text.
Thanks for asking that.

At this point, I don't plan to do any more Tracktion videos for Groove 3. I am researching ways to publish training videos some other way.
MacProVideo? Streamworks?
iMacPro 1,1 | 64gb | OSX 10.15.7
http://www.gesslr.com
http://www.storyaudio.com

gesslr wrote: MacProVideo? Streamworks?
Not likely. I am looking at ways to publish on my own.

Here is a short update on my book "Guide to Tracktion 6." I can't give any completion date promise. All I can say is that I have written the complete manuscript for the first edition. I am working through the second editing pass and creating all the images.

I do plan to allow pre-orders soon, maybe around the end of March. This morning, I updated the book sample to include four sample chapters. Please take a look and offer feedback on the style, organization, and content of the book sample if you have a chance!

You can download the PDF here:

https://leanpub.com/billedstromsguidetotracktion

or

Read an HTML version at this secret link:

https://leanpub.com/billedstromsguideto ... ad/preview

Also, a few people have asked me what will be included in the first edition of the book. I just updated the landing page for the book to include the table of contents. This will certainly change as I work through editing, but the basic structure of the initial 36 chapters is there. The goal of the first edition of this book is to present the core workflows in Tracktion. As you will see, it will not be a comprehensive reference to every menu, button, and property.

Anyway, take a look and let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Bill Edstrom
Last edited by gigazaga on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just updated the free sample book to include Chapters 1 - 4.

Return to “Tracktion”