BWS acting up since 1.1.4.

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow, thanx for such a detailed explanation.

Am I serious? Dunno... all I know is I like it and I don't mind sheling out some cash here and there to satisfy my lust :D I've seen a lot of Brian Bollman's videos, and others too, but my biggest problems is the lack of fundamental music knowledge, as well as knowledge of synthesis and how the oscillators, filters and such work, so most of the things I do are hit and miss.

Can you recommend an external audio unit? I'm kinda looking at these (from what are easily accessible to me) - M-Audio M-Track Plus MkII, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Tascam US-366, that's the range I'm looking at, 100$-200$.

I can recommend the Scarlett 2i2. It worked really well up until I needed more inputs, without any fuss (never a guarantee in Windows) and with decent latency. The preamps sounded nice to my ears as well.

M-audio devices are fine too. I have an M-track and get ultra low latencies and for my uses, does a great job. I've found that most entry level devices are usually very similar in specs, the main difference comes from drivers and the support you get. I've not really heard anything negative about the one's you've mentioned though :)
Formally known as CnuTram.

Whoops :D
Last edited by TasmanianAngel on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scarlett 2i2 seems to be the obvious choice. Watched some vids and read some reviews and is looking like a really sweet deal.

But there's onething I'm not sure about - how would I connect it to my speakers? Right now I don't have studio monitors (this is a very expensive game :hyper: ) and am using Logitech Z2300. Awesome speakers for music listening. THey connect to the pc viaregular headphone jack.

It kinda seems silly to connect them to the Scarlett via the headphone jack, but I don't see any other way, unless using some sort of splitter cable like in this thread.

Yeah, as mentioned in that thread you'll be adding another Amp to the line if you go through the headphones, the jack thats mentioned will do fine though.

Not sure I understand it... The satellites connect to the sub via RCA connectors, and the only other connector on the sub is something that looks like a serial port, which connects the remote unit. On the remote unit there's a cable ending with a 3.5 mm TRS which is used toconnect it with the PC. And there I'm lost. I have one 3.5mm TRS, how am I supposed to connect it to two line outputs on Scarlett?

Here's the pic: http://www.schrankmonster.de/content/bi ... G_1196.JPG

Gotcha, then you'd need something like this ;)

My bad, I misunderstood your previous post. Early morning thing. Lack of coffee. You know ;)

Still lost. The only way I can connect my speakers to anything is using the 3.5mm TRS. The two RCA's on the pic are only for connecting satellites with the sub.

As far as I can see I can only plug them to the unit via the headphone jack. There are no other connectors on the speakers whatsoever.

(Sorry for the nagging, but I just don't understand.)

Hahaha yeah I get you. I've looked up some pictures of what kind of connectors your speakers have and I think I finally understand it :P

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-5mm-Mi ... 57998.html

You should be able to plug one end of that into the audio interface and then your speakers into the connector.

Ok, that makes sense to me :D

Thanx for being patient with me :D

Return to “Bitwig”