Demos of Valhalla reverbs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

:dog:

Apparently, all demos are available again.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:great developer
great plugins
great prices

.............frustrating demos :shrug:
^ this

VVV is noticeably easier on the CPU than VRoom. VRoom gives you quite a bit more flexibility for shaping your space though. The fun thing about Vintage is that it is virtually impossible to make it sound bad, especially if you are going for a bigger reverb sound. I can wholeheartedly agree with others on this topic that the Valhalla Dsp are some of the few in existence that there is no downside to and buying them without demoing is not really a risk at all (unless you already have tons of reverb plugins that you feel do everything you wand and do it perfectly, but if that were the case you probably wouldn't be considering grabbing another one)

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:I can wholeheartedly agree with others on this topic that the Valhalla Dsp are some of the few in existence that there is no downside to and buying them without demoing is not really a risk at all (unless you already have tons of reverb plugins that you feel do everything you wand and do it perfectly, but if that were the case you probably wouldn't be considering grabbing another one)
i think that most people by 'on faith', sight unseen etc, so no one pays too much attention to the frustrations of the demos

i don't own a ton of reverbs. i only use logic's 'space designer', 'spacemaster ii' (reaktor), and valhalla 'shimmer'. i used to own 'vroom', but had to sell during a period of real financial difficulty. i had bought it 'on faith', due to loving 'shimmer', and had always resolved to re-buy at some point in the future

since then, 'vvv' has been released.

as much as i'd like both of them, i can't really afford to buy them both. i also think that, in my usage, there will be quite a lot of overlap. it should simply be a case of comparing them, but i have lost count of the times i have set them both up on sends, hoping to compare, then quitting the exercise in frustration. this has been going on for months.

i just don't understand using audio dropouts for time-based effects. not really a huge problem if you are trying short, slap-back effects. however, i am really interested in really long decays, and how decays swell, build etc, over time. to this end, the demos are just useless. and that is a real shame. i think very highly of sean, and want to support him (and get my hands on a great 'verb)

i think the best demos come via NI. i don't mind the re-instantiating of the plug after a certain time limit. short of that, some kind of audible signal (separate from the reverb signal path). not a sharp burst of noise, mind, but something like u-he's 'diva' would make a huge difference

Return to “Effects”