Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Am I right that PPG Wave 3 requires a physical dongle?

I hope Waldorf Edition 2 LE doesn't.

MillerSam wrote:Hello
Nope, Waldorf Edition 2 and Waldorf Edition 2 LE are two different products
LE is only a very limited edition with less functionalities.
Only the full version as the upgrade path to PPG Wave 3.V
Thats right although i don't know if they allow the upgrade as a gesture of godwill if a LE owner ask and mention the advice from the confirmation mail after the LE buy.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

dwozzle wrote:Am I right that PPG Wave 3 requires a physical dongle?

Thats right.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

will this:

http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/ ... /wed2-upgd

qualify for upgrade? or do you think it is for owner of Waldorf Edition LE V1 only?

Yes it's will work, with the code of the promotion your are at 33.34 Euro

For users of Waldorf Edition Full Edition 1 the price is less 15 euro with the promo code
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

dwozzle wrote:Am I right that PPG Wave 3 requires a physical dongle?

Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V need the soft E-Licenser or the dongle E-Licenser from Steinberg

Waldorf Edition needs only a serial number
Synth Anatomy

Fleer wrote:Found some reference on the same 33% discount in Waldorf's Facebook.
Ah.. but that is a different coupon code. hmmm so the mystery remains.

Don't think they worry, over at Waldorf.
I just bought the upgrade to the full Waldorf Edition 2 and they didn't ask for the serial of my LE, which wasn't even installed yet. Got the full WE2 version working instantly with the new serial they sent me.

The code is EditionII33
Synth Anatomy

MillerSam wrote:The code is EditionII33
Indeed, which brings the "LE to full" upgrade to €33.43 for three nice plug-ins :tu:

Fleer wrote:
Indeed, which brings the "LE to full" upgrade to €33.43 for three nice plug-ins :tu:
Anyone have any idea how long this coupon deal lasts?

dwozzle wrote:
Fleer wrote:
Anyone have any idea how long this coupon deal lasts?
According to Facebook, it's good until the end of March.

Can anyone confirm that the LE version of PPG has only one bank of sounds included? Or am I missing some?

This is on their Facebook:
"Dear Waldorf Edition Lovers,

Waldorf Edition 2 is available now! To make the transition for owners of the original Waldorf Edition as smooth as possible, we offer a 33% discount on both upgrades.

You don't have a Waldorf Edition yet? Well, here is your chance to add those three most used virtual instruments to your setup and save 33% at the meantime.

Visit our online store and use this coupon code: EditionII33

Prices:

Full version - 69,00 € (minus 33% until end of March)
Upgrade for Waldorf Edition 1 - 15,00 € (minus 33% until end of March)
Upgrade for other WE versions - 49,90 € (minus 33% until end of March)

Find more informations about the Waldorf Edition 2 here:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/overview- ... -edition-2

Your Waldorf Music Team"

Thanks sp1979 and Fleer.

So, I owned PPG Wave back in the day, I think it was 2.2 but I'm not positive, haven't used it for years, not since my old studio setup died, but I liked it pretty much back then. I'd like to go to 3.V, but the upgrade price of 99.00 € always struck me as pretty steep -- there are a lot of great synths around that price bought from scratch, and this is an upgrade of something I already own. I'd also have to try to resurrect my serial number etc from an old dead computer to qualify for the upgrade. I never cared that much about either D-Pole or Attack, so I never got the whole Waldorf Edition.

Now, you can get the LE version of WE free, and upgrade it to full for ~$36, which also lets you upgrade to 3.V, but if I understand right, the 3.V upgrade price is that same 99.00 €. So upgrading LE to full gets me D-Pole and Attack, and I don't have to dig up my old proof of ownership of 2.2, but doesn't get me to 3.V any cheaper.

Is that right?

Fleer wrote:Don't think they worry, over at Waldorf.
I just bought the upgrade to the full Waldorf Edition 2 and they didn't ask for the serial of my LE, which wasn't even installed yet. Got the full WE2 version working instantly with the new serial they sent me.

Well I asked their customer support just in case.. since no one is willing to share where it came from.. hoping they give the green light. Looks like a fun set of instruments! Will post back when they respond with their answer.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”