m audio vs roland

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im looking at either M-audio.
Fast Track Plus orrrr the Roland Duo core Ex.

How is the headroom and clarity on both.

I plan on using it live. As well as in the studio maybe.

Ps. Does the Impact Twin use its preamps when wired through the back. Im guessing trs.

Eg.

Fast track plus to the back of Impact Twin. Preamp gui setting Impact Twin gui.
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

Roland is miles ahead in construction, preamps and driver support.

Roland and Steinberg are the best brands in the low end audio interfaces.
dedication to flying

Yup, Roland is hard to beat in the economical range.

Dont ask. But beat this. 79 bucks.

Well hey.

Ask.
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

Have an older M-Audio controller that I can't get to work on Windows 8.1. Switched to Akai.

Had an M-Audio studio monitor go bad. All the support phone numbers in the manual go to a company that pretends to want to connect you to M-Audio, but in reality is selling cruises (you know, on big boats in the ocean). Couldn't find any one local that would work on M-Audio products. Switched to JBL.

Go with Roland . Here an M-audio Audiophile 24/192 , Windows 8 .1 and after 2 years i still use Windows 7 drivers , who from time to time crash and have to reinstall them . So in my opinion M-audio is a no go .

Thanks.
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

I have both. Roland all the way.

Have both brands too (different products).

Definitely Roland!

Until m-Audio buys them :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

I agree with everyone else. Go with Roland. I've owned a TON of Roland gear over the years and all of it has worked great. I've also owned a few M-Audio products and they were TERRIBLE. From my experience, their interfaces are some of the worst on the market. I had one that had a hardware latency of like 800 samples, no joke. Plus they don't seem to like to work on new drivers and I had one of their tech people tell me once to "just buy the newer interface".

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”