Airwave - yet another WINE VST bridge for Linux (April 12 update)

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello again

The "error: undefined reference to 'clock_gettime'" message i got can be easily fixed (bypassed ?) by adding

Code: Select all (#)

-DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS=-lrt
So

Code: Select all (#)

mkdir build
cd build
cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/airwave -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Release" -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS=-lrt
make
sudo make install
I don't know if it is the good way to proceed, but for me, it worked.

Hello again,

And sorry for the idiots questions!!
I can't get it work.
Here's what I do:

In Airwave utility,I link for example synthvst with airwave-plugin-64.so
In Bitwig or Qtraktor or Tracktion I put this path in my VsT folder: /opt/airwave/share/airwave/
After the scan in the DAW here's the Airwave log messages:

1424425382.526436678 airwave-plugin : Starting Airwave master unit 0.5.0
1424425382.526479348 airwave-plugin-64.so : Plugin binary: /opt/airwave/share/airwave/airwave-plugin-64.so
1424425382.526498941 airwave-plugin-64.so : Host binary: /opt/airwave/bin/airwave-host-64.exe
1424425382.526617700 airwave-plugin-64.so : Bridge plugin is not linked with any VST plugin dll

I don't understand...

Edit: It's Ok I've changed the path !!

elieoblomov, yes, you shouldn't move files after creation of the link. If you need to rename or move the link itself, just do it in the airwave-utility GUI.

Ok!
Thank you very much for your answers.

Hi phantom-one are you still developing this software? If so the latest release of Reveal-sound Spire Version 20 crashes Airwave. I can post the crash dump if you wish but I've replaced the plugin with an earlier version that works.

Stragetown, yes, I've almost reworked the GUI (added new features) and have a plan to review the bridge code. I use Spire by myself and can confirm that starting from 1.0.19 it doesn't work with airwave, so it's on my high priority list. ;-)

Ok thanks :)

Strangetown, I did not make a serious analysis, but at first glance latest Spire works weird in Reaper: the GUI is invisible. If Spire doesn't work with native windows host under wine, then my chances to fix it are very small.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll just stick to version 18 at least for now anyway.

Well, I will investigate this more precisely anyway. It was just one simple test.

Just wanted to say you've got a fine piece software there!

It works fairly well with Bitwig and NI Komplete (only Kontakt and Massive-64bit won't show up). Some plugins are a little bit whiny like U-he TyrellN6 (GUI won't show up unless wild clicking) and LePou LeCab2 (cannot duplicate track without crashing the plugin on the new track) and some like the ones from Variety of Sound don't work at all.

I just read that you are reworking GUI. Can't wait! Apart from some plugins simply not working this is the 2nd biggest issue.

nonameyet, thank you for the kind words!

The latest working version of NI Kontakt is 5.3.1. The 5.4.1 and 5.4.2 may work (unstable) if you set windows version to "Windows 7" in winecfg dialog. But keep in mind that Kontakt won't add libraries when it runs in "Windows 7" compatibility mode (it tries to get administrator permissions, but AFAIU wine doesn't implement this functionality).
According to u-he TyrellN6: do you know, that u-he have ported all plugins to Linux? You may find them here.

PS: I hope you use airwave built from the "develop" git branch, as the "master" branch is out of date.

According to u-he TyrellN6: do you know, that u-he have ported all plugins to Linux? You may find them here.
Most of them, but not TyrellN6!
[del]AudioLinux sucks.[/del]

Oops, my mistake, sorry. Actually TyrellN6 is ported (I have native Linux version as I'm the beta tester). I don't know why abique hasn't published it yet, maybe we just need remind him.

I didn't see the develop branch. I am up to date now. The TyrellN6 GUI works now (although flickering when moved).

Alright.. after a couple hours I've got Kontakt 5 with all the libraries working. I installed Komplete on a Windows system and just copied the files over along with some registry files. It's not the latest version though.. but I don't think I'll miss much. Only Guitar Rig 5 doesn't accept the serial key and falls back to Demo mode.

Yeah I saw that U-he ported their plugins. I think I'll move completely to Linux now and get Bitwig with the free U-he plugin! :)

Return to “Bitwig”