aas strum 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's not cool...sorry to hear. I'd ping Peavey, if you're still interested. The free version should authorize against a USB device...after that, you can add stuff piecemeal, like the ACT modules. It worked for me the first time (my iLok is even on a USB 2 hub), but I'm sure that their support will help you to get it loaded up.

If you can get it to authorize...what I do is load GS-2 in the default settings (dreadnought, no reverb), and add R4 with the lite version of the Sensation 20 to the instrument track. I turn the amp gain all the way down, kick up the reverb to 75% and replace RIR with RIR 2 Lite (so it doesn't beep), and change the cab to the Sensation 20 1x12. Then I load an acoustic ACT input module, after having profiled the default GS-2 guitar sound. I also turn the ACT VU Meter gain down to ~7.5 dB and adjust the global input to 11 o'clock and the global output to 2 o'clock. This produces a very clean and realistic amplified acoustic tone with a decent output level.

Some ACT acoustic modules come with it for free, but I bought 3 other packages too (SJ-200, Brother of Steel, and HD-28), all of which sound pretty great. Once it's set up, I mess with the mic's (there's 3 included), placement, proximity, amp EQ, etc. I haven't tweaked the amp itself yet, but it looks to be possible (right click the amp and select "Tweak Schematic").

I hope you can get it working...it's worth it!

G

G

jsp1979 wrote:
Photo_G wrote:I had to jump on the upgrade too today, after demoing it through R4. It's truly a no brainer ($29.00 for GS-2, and $8.97 for 3 acoustic input ACT packs running in the free version of Revalver 4 == $37.97). I've spent more than that for a single Kontakt acoustic library, and this combo is much more playable and tweakable. They sound awesome together!

G
You inspired me to try your idea, but it was a miserable failure. AAS Strum 2 installed perfectly and works great.

Peavey's Revalver 4 authorization is absolutely awful. I tried to use my ilok and any USB flash drive I could to authorize it, and I was told that none of the items had the correct metadata to be used for authorization. I tried USB 2 ports. I tried USB 3 ports. I tried every port on the machine. *None* of them worked.

Uninstalled. Absolutely worst method for copy protection I've ever seen.
can confirm

I got Revalver 3 HPSE as a freebie with Addictive Drums about a year/year and a half ago. I couldn't install it at the time, and gave up.

I just tried again, with the same results.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

stroker_ace wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:
Photo_G wrote:I had to jump on the upgrade too today, after demoing it through R4. It's truly a no brainer ($29.00 for GS-2, and $8.97 for 3 acoustic input ACT packs running in the free version of Revalver 4 == $37.97). I've spent more than that for a single Kontakt acoustic library, and this combo is much more playable and tweakable. They sound awesome together!

G
You inspired me to try your idea, but it was a miserable failure. AAS Strum 2 installed perfectly and works great.

Peavey's Revalver 4 authorization is absolutely awful. I tried to use my ilok and any USB flash drive I could to authorize it, and I was told that none of the items had the correct metadata to be used for authorization. I tried USB 2 ports. I tried USB 3 ports. I tried every port on the machine. *None* of them worked.

Uninstalled. Absolutely worst method for copy protection I've ever seen.
can confirm

I got Revalver 3 HPSE as a freebie with Addictive Drums about a year/year and a half ago. I couldn't install it at the time, and gave up.

I just tried again, with the same results.
all my usb drives are in constant flux and flow, so having to tie a license to any one of them is not practical

it's a shame, as i'd really like to try the acoustic amps :shrug:

I have two of the earlier strum instruments (Strum Acoustic Session & Strum Electric) and they have a number of MIDI loop patterns which are not included in Strum GS-2's factory library. In the older MIDI loop folders there are patterns in 3/4, 6/8 & 5/4 time but Strum GS-2 seems to come with 4/4 loops only.

Any idea how to import the older loops into Strum GS-2? I have not been able to add new banks to the MIDI Library folder -- copied folders do not show up as banks in the loop player.

There are instructions for creating new loops for Strum GS-2, which match the GS-1 instructions, but no instructions on how to use these new loops in the new loop player.

I'm working with AAS support on this.

G

I'm getting good noise using Strum 2 with Amplitube.
Tom Smith
http://tomsmith.bandcamp.com - http://www.filkertom.com - http://www.thefump.com
Win10/64 - I5 3570K - 16 GB RAM - BIAB 2016 - Reaper 5 - Sound Forge Pro 9

I couldn't resist the $29 upgrade price... :D

I hope the on-board amp and effects are better now. The guitar models (in GS-Strum Electric) were great but I always switched the factory amp & effects off and used a special amp suite, like SHRED or AmpLion, which made great realistic guitar sounds!

But my problem is not enough time, I think if I learned playing realistic guitar with my keybord & AAS Strum, I could learn playing real guitar, too... :shrug:

..am I wrong or is there no vibrato in guitar and loop mode?
The range of strumming speed seems to be very limited (compared to GS 1)
Missing palm muted upstroke and alternate stroke too..
Mario Strack - lyrical electro rock

I bought three more ACT input packs tonight...couldn't resist, they sound awesome with GS-2. I grabbed Auditorium Style, White Bird, and Valenzia Acoustic to add to my collection. They're still on sale for $2.99 each!

G

Is it true that the new version does not include any midi loops other than in 4/4? And no alternate stroke options? That sucks.

Return to “Instruments”