Nexus 2 or Halionsonic or....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everybody. I was looking to add maybe two more virtual instruments to my collection and be done. I've some money saved for that specifically. At the moment I use komplete 10 ultimate with maschine and it's expansions. I also have omnisphere. I was just wondering you would get rid of halionsonic and replace that with nexus and add omisphere 2. I mainly do pop music at the moment. Or maybe I should get omnisphere 2 update and maybe get nexus 2 or just get omnisphere 2 and use it with halionsonic.

I don't use halionsonic that much for some reason, I'm considering getting the air expansion pack if maybe after I sell HS, consider the pack or get nexus imo
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I'm not a HS user ... but I am a fan of Nexus 2. One thing to keep in mind is sound design. If you don't plan/want to do any, Nexus is great. =]

I love the Halion Sonic software but I find the included library to be a bit thin sounding. I would go with Nexus.

It's not for me to say to someone that they don't need any more gear, but seeing as how you asked, you really don't need any more gear! Whilst I have and love(d) Nexus 2, it old, old software now, and getting used less and less. You don't want to drop a lot of cash on something that feels to me at least, like it's coming to the end of its lifespan.

Stick with K10, and buy one of the NI kontrol keyboards if you haven't already. Makes for an amazing workflow.

Return to “Instruments”