Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

i just wanted to say thank you to you guys from U-HE for supporting my main operating system. Due to your support i was finally able to delete the ugly little win 7 partition i was forced to keep all these years. I'm using a Linux audio stack based on jack/ladish/cadence/claudia with renoise on an arch linux. The first u-he plugin i bought was Satin. That thingy i used on the old win 7. After switching to linux i also bought Presswerk and Bazille. I didn't have one crash so far from the linux versions of your plugins. It seams they work rock stable on arch and renoise.

Oh... and all of this is running on a core2duo based sub notebook from 2009. :P

I love you guys. :>

Oh... and could you please add a little checkbox somewhere very hidden in your plugins, that hides the name of the person who bought the plugin. I don't like seeing my name on screen when streaming linux audio production stuff via twitch. :D

Best Regards and huggs.

Hi Psychotronic!

Thanks for your warm feedback :)
I understand your request and let's see what Urs proposes :)

Can you tell us what is your twitch channel?

Cheers,
Alex!

Hey Alex,

this is my twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/lcatlnx
Please read the description beneath the video player. ;)

Cheers.

Hi!

I purchased a licence to Hive last week after falling in love with the friendly interface and the "perfect" (for me) sound demonstrated by the presets, and further confirmed with my own patches. This is "my" synth, for sure.

The experience has so far been for the most part smooth as butter, but there have been a very few occasions where it seems like it "kills" all input devices. At first I thought the whole desktop froze cause there was no mouse, keyboard or midi keyboard input, but then I noticed things still happening in the various windows I had on my desktop (like IRC client and so forth), indicating the system is still running, just the input devices being "cut off".

This has only happened 3-4 times over all these hours but that's enough for me to suspect that there is some sort of bug at play here, and it did happen while tweaking some settings in Hive itself. But before I look more into this and try to find a way to recreate this, I'd just like to know if it rings a bell here, if this might be an already known bug?

System keywords:
Ubuntu 14.10 64 bit, Jack+Alsa, Bitwig 1.1.6, Scarlett 8i6

(thanks again for supporting Linux - this is an entire world opening up for me :) )

Hi,

I've never heard of something like this.
If you're 100% certain that the issue comes from the plugin; then I'd say that there might be a loop running under a SCHED_FIFO or something like that. I only see SCHED_FIFO preventing input.

Can you send me your project? Is it reproducible?

Thanks.

abique wrote:I've never heard of something like this.
If you're 100% certain that the issue comes from the plugin;
No. I can't be 100% sure yet. It's just happened a few times, I just noticed it always was while tweaking on the Hive interface, and I've never experienced anything like that without the Hive in the project. It may be coincidence.

But now that I got confirmed this is not a known issue I'll look into it further and more systematic.
abique wrote:Can you send me your project? Is it reproducible?
You'll hear from me again if I can reproduce it, or if my investigation leads to any kind of result.

Thanks.

Issues i've found so far:

Test case: Scale down the Bazille or ACE UI to smaller resolution than the default one and try to patch a virtual cable.
Bug: The UI introduces weird rectangle shaped render bugs.
Screenshot:

Test Case: Try to load one of the Uhbiks in Carla.
Bug: The Rack shows a plugin, but it does not show any parameters. The ladish based patchbay does not show the plugin. The plugin does not work. Maybe you could summon falkTx to have a look on this and give you feedback. Satin, Ace and Bazille work with Carla without any problem.

Question and possible feature request:
Is there a way to input audio into ace or bazille? (fx mode)
If there is none, could you please consider this feature? :hihi:

FYI the issues with some u-he plugins (that used vst-shell) have just been fixed in the latest carla.

oh... there he is :)

Thx for info... then i need to update.

abique, it would be great if you update the Linux builds to the latest versions :roll:

Hey phantom-one,

Yes that's coming in a few days :)

Have a good Friday and week-end!
Alex

Hi there!

New user here. I have just created an account to say thanks. :love:
Thanks for the efforts on bringing these amazing soft-synths to linux.
After testing Zebra2 on bitwig @ archlinux for a couple hours (I was worried because of the builds being beta) I have purchased it.
It works great.

There it is, one more sale thanks to linux support.

I have to get rid of all my hard (mostly analog synths) because I'm moving to another country so I need quality soft-synths from now on.
I'll consider pursaching Diva and Bazille in the near future. :P

Cheers!

Hi crisisinaptica!

That's a great feedback, thank you very much! :)
I wish you a super fun time with Zebra, and also while testing your future new synths :D

Enjoy!

phantom-one wrote:abique, it would be great if you update the Linux builds to the latest versions :love:
Applied the appropriate hotfix for you, no extra charge :wink:

Beamboom wrote:Hi! At first I thought the whole desktop froze cause there was no mouse, keyboard or midi keyboard input, but then I noticed things still happening in the various windows I had on my desktop (like IRC client and so forth), indicating the system is still running, just the input devices being "cut off".
Congrats on choosing Hive, such a fountain of jewels!
Did you try minimize/maximize bitwig gui when such a freeze occurs?
Have you chosen a different size Hive gui than default? Perhaps some sizes
are more accurate with your display?
Cheers

Return to “u-he”