How to sync kefir with pro tools

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! I'm sorry if the question sounds kindda dumb to you but I´m having a hardtime here.
I downloaded the kefir impulse loader but i don't seem to be able to use it.
I've went to my vst folder on programfilesx86 and pasted the 3 files from kefir but it never appears in pro tools.
what am I doing wrong? I read something about changing it from vst to rtas but since the files are .dll I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my problem.
any help will be greatly appreciated.
(If there is any kind of problem with my redaction, I'm sorry, English is my second language).

Kefir isnt going to work directly in ProTools(*). Its a VST plugin, and ProTools doesnt use VST plugins, it uses its own proprietry format. You neglect to say which version of ProTools you're using, but the supported plugin format varies depending on the version of ProTools.

ProTools 9 and below use 32-bit RTAS plugin format
ProTools 10 uses 32-bit RTAS and 32-bit AAX plugins.
ProTools 11 uses 64-bit AAX format plugins

(*) Some VST plugins can work indirectly. If you're using ProTools 10 or earlier, there was the FXpansion VST2RTAS Adaptor which could 'wrap' a 32-bit VST plugin so it behaved exactly like a 32-bit RTAS plugin. That might be what you're thinking of, but its not really been updated in a long time, and support for newer plugins is variable.

There are also some 'chainer' type plugins which are available in RTAS and AAX plugins; these are designed to be loaded into ProTools, and then have VST plugins loaded into them. This means that it behaves slightly differently, ie you dont get direct access to automation etc, though usually there's a way to map it and use it indirectly. Possible options include DDMF Metaplugin, Plug'nMix Chainer, Bluecat Patchwork, and Nomad Audio MagmaFX depending on your version of ProTools.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

"whyterabbyt"

thanks, now i have a more clear picture of what could I do.
I have the pro tools LE 8 version, do this gide you a bit more for any help?

thanks once again.

sorry for late response, I've been full of work with my university.

Return to “Effects”