New PPG Wave 2.2V notes cutting off!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In my experience the patch in question doesn't matter. Even relatively short duration notes are abruptly cut off.

And it definitely isn't voice stealing. When it happens all notes - even new ones - cease playing.

Here's a crappy video showing this issue 3 times. I'm not using any sustain pedal. In the first one you can see that the keys "turn off" in the PPG UI (even thought I'm still pressing them) - the RELEASE cuts off abruptly even thought this Igno patch has a soft release.

http://youtu.be/jLI_f8QqUd0

Yep, that's exactly my problem too.

Here's more info. I uninstalled the new PPG Wave (I left the new Attack and D-Pole installed). I reinstalled the Waldorf Edition v1 PPG. It has the same problem of notes cutting off! So I'm guessing there's a compatibility problem with Yosemite or the newest Logic Pro X (I realized I'd only been using PPG Wave 3.V lately, and it works fine, even with the same patches that cause problems on the new PPG v2 and with voices lowered to 8 ).

So PPG 3.V is working great, whereas PPG v2 (both old and new version) has the notes cutting off problem.

And Ingo, if an upgrade to PPG 3.V is planned please use your influence to get Waldorf to keep the beautiful vintage PPG Wave blue interface!

Nothing to do with Yosemite. I used to have the problem long ago till I upgraded to 3.V, and never got to the bottom of it.
Music you can believe in:
http://rebshaya.com

Well I'm totally turned off to Waldorf now. Tech support DID respond to me, but they just kept telling me to increase voices (NOT a fix). They also said it was normal behavior... normal to have all sound abruptly cut off while playing? They finally said they "will fix it in the next update….in case it is a bug." Maybe there's a language barrier or something, but "in case it is a bug"? Feels pretty condescending when I can't use the software I've purchased! When I've reported potential issues to other developers (u-he, GForce) they've seemed very concerned and wanted as many details as possible. No questions at all from Waldorf - doesn't give me confidence that there will be a fix.

There are too many great soft synths from really helpful developers for me to waste more time with Waldorf.

PM sent.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I had sent a PM but did not get a reply yet.

As mentioned multiple times i could not replicate such issue on Windows and could not test on OSX myself.

Our developer that is responsible for the bug fixes asked me about this and so far i could not help there very much (At least with own tests).

What i would need is a RELIABLE step by step procedure to replicate this issue including details about used OS and hosts (including version numbers) and also formats used (e.g. AU and/or VST).

Currently this seems to be one of two issues that are NOT easy to replicate. Another one is possible problems with the Host Sync for the Delay FX in Attack (again reported in OSX).
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

It was already mentiioned above but this seems to be an issue that is difficult to replicate (especially on Windows) and if it happens it seems to happen randomly.
So far it did not seem to be possible to find a simple and reliable procedure to replicate this easily. Also this did not seem to happen while rendering a track yet, only when playing the plugin "live" (e.g. with a keyboard).

We would be interested in any reliable procedure that could be provided here. Such report should also include details about OS and host versions and also the plugin format used (e.g. 64-bit AU).
We would also prefer to receive a step by step procedure based on a new instance of the plugin and using factory patches (or the Init patch), not based on a certain song/track created with the plugin or using a custom patch.
Ingo Weidner

Hi Ingo,

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the help. I’ve just had a chance to install the new PPG Wave 2.2 on my other Mac as a test. Same problem with notes cutting off, and I can reliably reproduce the problem within a few minutes every time.

I don’t have to do anything special or play a certain way to make it happen. For example, I can switch to a new preset and play a 3-note chord and it might immediately cut off. Or I can play for several minutes before it happens.

I DOES happen on playback in Logic (not just while playing live). It cuts off at different points each time I play the sequence back.

On my main MacBook Pro system I reinstalled the old 1.7.4 version and discovered it now has the same problem (so I think it is a conflict with Yosemite or the new version of Logic).

Here are my 2 systems:

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB
Yosemite 10.10.2
Logic Pro X 10.1.1
Apollo Twin audio interface
Arturia Laboratory midi keyboard

MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2011)
4GB
Yosemite 10.10.3 (Public Beta)
Logic Pro X 10.1.1
Built-in audio