Any updates on U-he Hive release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Urs wrote:Actually, getting a few posts that make me edgy is good. Grrrl and I are preparing to move into our new home, so a bit a extra adrenalin helps carrying boxes.
I hope you don't have as many boxes as there are Hive presets! :P
Yeah, more than 5 boxes but less than 1000 :hihi:

There are round about 100 though. We're hiring a company to do the main work.

(Also I don't want to risk hurting myself two weeks before Musikmesse)

Urs wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:
Urs wrote:Actually, getting a few posts that make me edgy is good. Grrrl and I are preparing to move into our new home, so a bit a extra adrenalin helps carrying boxes.
I hope you don't have as many boxes as there are Hive presets! :P
Yeah, more than 5 boxes but less than 1000 :hihi:

There are round about 100 though. We're hiring a company to do the main work.

(Also I don't want to risk hurting myself two weeks before Musikmesse)
Good decision, Urs. We just did a house move with about 240 boxes. Hope you have insurance - we had to make some claims due to broken items. But my Steinberg key survived the move. :D

Astralv wrote: My soft synths count at this time is 350. I do not install any demo or free plugins. Everything I have is paid. It is not realistic to expect me to check on 350 forums regularly to fish for the possible updates.
The problem is that you simply have too many synths.

[Mod edit: Sexist comment removed.]
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

OutCider wrote:
Fleer wrote:Indeed. The guy only asked for some news. Who's whining?
Astralv was, and from memory I think she's not a guy.
The contents of her post are far from only asking for some news, and to be fair, the official forum and not here would be the best way of going about it.
Aside from the wrong information, the tone of the post is quite clear. Reads like whining to me.
You were right, OutCider. Man, you were right. :hug:

I usually am ;)

:lol:
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Have to say that sometimes it's a bit tricky to keep track of all new releases, especially if you have a lot of U-he stuff.

For example here: http://uhedownloads.heckmannaudiogmb.ne ... p=Releases
Wouldn't it be a good idea to name those files with the actual revision number? So I just could open the plug, check the revision and see at a glance whether there's new version available.

Especially if you are using beta versions you get confused easily. Eg on their page it says
Most of it is fixes for little bugs and niggles, but there's also a couple of new features added. Zebra and ACE now feature 10% GUI scaling.
But I already have that zooming for a couple of month now - seems that it already was included in the latest betas I installed. So I'm not sure - do I have to upgrade or not?

Another example: Dark Zebra. I can login with my account and find a download link, but no information about the revision. What I'm downloading is a file named "The Dark Zebra.zip" - no info on the version at all. I have to search for the corresponding KVR thread to make things clear.

Sure, I guess we could do that. It's just that we've built this directory last week and we haven't thought of that yet.

The individual product pages have the revision number printed on top of the download links (except for Diva, which I replaced by a link to the Latest Builds)

I like the way it is done in my DAW. There is a Check for Updates link, and when an update is available, the patch is installed and I don't have to know which version or build or whatever it is.

Other than that, as they say in English, good things come to those who wait. U-he is not some dubious crowd-funding stuff, so when you've already bought your license, you will get your shit sooner or later :hihi: One might say you got the discount for your patience :wink:

Waiting for what? The Hive beta is a fully functional version with hardly any bugs that can be used to make music. If I understand Urs right, the full released version won't be much different than the beta version because the other features (new waveforms) will be added some time later...unfortunately, because if I wanted to use the intro offer until April, I don't know which features will be added and which not... :?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Check for Updates link
That is something we wish to do some time in the not-so-distant future as well.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I like the way it is done in my DAW. There is a Check for Updates link, and when an update is available, the patch is installed and I don't have to know which version or build or whatever it is.

Other than that, as they say in English, good things come to those who wait. U-he is not some dubious crowd-funding stuff, so when you've already bought your license, you will get your shit sooner or later :hihi: One might say you got the discount for your patience :wink:
I'm not the kind of guy who feels the strong urge to apply every update when it's published (especially when I haven't encountered any bugs), but when owning almost all U-he stuff checking (and installing of course) is rather time-consuming. So a kind of auto-update would be a nice time saver (or at least a comprehensive list which revision is a stable one, and which one is beta). :tu:

Sorry to be contrarian but I would like to leave all working old projects alone using whatever was working at the time. So any updates should of course be optional and not automatic. :D

2ZrgE wrote:So a kind of auto-update would be a nice time saver
The best option is a message box that a new update is available and a question "Do you want to install it now or later?", so your work isn't interrupted when the auto-update suddenly starts...

Yes, I didn't mean some silent auto-update, but a short notice when updates are available.

Return to “Instruments”