Sundog 2.0 (electronic songwriting software) coming soon.. -> Sneak Preview!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sundog Song Studio

Does this work well on a touch screen?

Also,I'd like to see Xoto pad updated with more widgets, sliders etc
Amazon: why not use an alternative

No, Sundog isn't optimized for touch screens so far.

Concerning XotoPad: I plan to release a new version when I am ready for it. Unfortunately my Windows touch device broke, so I first have to watch out for a new one :(
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

deastman wrote:I've been playing with the demo version and I'm definitely impressed. I can't wait for the new version!

The only disappointment, which isn't the fault of this program, was the discovery that MIDI Yoke will no longer install on my new Windows 8.1 laptop. I guess there is supposed to be an updated installer coming eventually...
Try this one D:

http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software.html

I use rtpMIDI over LAN and loopMIDI if routing on the same machine.

Works on my XP, Vista, W7 and W8.1 machines.

This one is great too but it is much more complicated (this is a good thing because it offers a lot!):

http://www.bewaryprods.com/software/pro ... index.html

You may also be able to run MIDI Yoke in compatibility mode. Have you tried that?

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

I have been trying the Demo and really like the new features for Version 2, but I can't get the midi drag and drop working in Reaper, I've tried the tips on the Sundog website but still can't get it to work, has anyone had any success with midi drag and drop in Reaper.

knewspeak wrote:I have been trying the Demo and really like the new features for Version 2, but I can't get the midi drag and drop working in Reaper, I've tried the tips on the Sundog website but still can't get it to work, has anyone had any success with midi drag and drop in Reaper.
Sundog + Reaper runs fine on my Mac, but on Windows I can't get Reaper to accept the drag and drop either. There are two workarounds:

1) Drag the MIDI file to an Explorer folder. Then drag it from there to Reaper.

2) Export the MIDI file via "File -> Export MIDI file (all channels)".

I also heard that someone could get it to work by experimenting with different administrator settings. E.g. run both programs in admin mode / run both programs in user mode. Personally I couldn't reproduce that, but I know that this can be an issue on Windows.
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

dsan: Thanks for pointing out the various options with different virtual MIDI cables!

dsan@mail.com wrote:
deastman wrote:I've been playing with the demo version and I'm definitely impressed. I can't wait for the new version!

The only disappointment, which isn't the fault of this program, was the discovery that MIDI Yoke will no longer install on my new Windows 8.1 laptop. I guess there is supposed to be an updated installer coming eventually...
Try this one D:

http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software.html

I use rtpMIDI over LAN and loopMIDI if routing on the same machine.

Works on my XP, Vista, W7 and W8.1 machines.

This one is great too but it is much more complicated (this is a good thing because it offers a lot!):

http://www.bewaryprods.com/software/pro ... index.html

You may also be able to run MIDI Yoke in compatibility mode. Have you tried that?

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
loopMIDI works perfectly! Thank you for the recommendation. :D
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

hauke wrote:dsan: Thanks for pointing out the various options with different virtual MIDI cables!
deastman wrote:loopMIDI works perfectly! Thank you for the recommendation. :D
Glad I was able to help! :tu:

Certainly don't want something as simple as virtual MIDI cables standing in somebody's way of using Sundog :party:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

OK, time to get serious... the BETA is available now :party:

I opened a new thread for everybody who likes to test the new 2.0 before the official release:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=435671

This is the biggest release / change since Sundog 1.0... very exciting times ;).

Greetings,
Hauke

Looks very nice.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Great App

Moka Disco Express wrote:Great App
+1

And not just that! Hauke is a very nice & helpful person. He just exchanged 10 emails with me regarding Sundog and Bitwig Studio installation.
And I'm not even a registered user yet! :D
Last edited by igortudor on Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win7 64bit, i5 4690K, 16GB RAM, NI Audio 6, Presonus Eris E8, Yamaha HS50M, Presonus BlueTube, Shure SM7B, Studio One, Maschine MKII, Launchpad, Alesis VI61, NI F1, Traktor S4

Hehe, thanks - and you're welcome :)!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”