Xils Vocoder 5000 Demos

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lotuzia wrote:
Daags wrote:Was Dave Gamble (DMG audio) expected to offer crossgrade offers to owners of Sonalksis licenses ?

I'm still not 100% sure why Xils-Lab are being expected to offer crossgrades in this scenario - shouldn't it be Frabrice who offers a rebate ?
The cross grade offer is for owners of the Orange Vocoder or the ELS Vocoder.

I've seen cross grade offers for Kontakt Vs Halion in the past, or between different daws. Its just an offer for *similar products* or *products with similar uses*.

seriously, the orange vocoder also? WOW, i am in! What do i need to do?

TheoM wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
Daags wrote:Was Dave Gamble (DMG audio) expected to offer crossgrade offers to owners of Sonalksis licenses ?

I'm still not 100% sure why Xils-Lab are being expected to offer crossgrades in this scenario - shouldn't it be Frabrice who offers a rebate ?
The cross grade offer is for owners of the Orange Vocoder or the ELS Vocoder.

I've seen cross grade offers for Kontakt Vs Halion in the past, or between different daws. Its just an offer for *similar products* or *products with similar uses*.

seriously, the orange vocoder also? WOW, i am in! What do i need to do?
You email Xavier @ Xils with proof that you own a license. I just sent him my purchase receipt from prosoniq. Not sure if I'm going to use it though. I know its modeled on a specific piece of gear but it's unfortunate that they didn't add a few minor modern touches, like more modulation options and the ability to use the other osc as an fm source. That's where things get really interesting.

-Sam

A short demo usign the Vocoder 5000 on drums.

So, the Drums are played lived in Cubase, with the built in drum machine. You can hear them dry 1st. 2/3/4 use the Vocoder 5000 to add an *organic something*, or transform the drums.5/ I used the Vocoder to add a kinda of lively ambiance to the drums. 6/ I used the live drums to generate some *Vocoded Chords* by playing the chords live on a midi KB. ( ie Chords rythm is trigged -and related to- by the Drum part. As is its harmonic content )

Vocoder 5000 and Drums

The Mix between the different signals occurs in the V5000 itself. I choose to make the added signals very loud so that people can easily hear what the v5000 'adds', but it could have been done in a much more subtle way. What I like it that the Vocoder turns some conventional, and rather lifeless, 'sampled drums' into something more organic and breathing.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Xils added another global mode for the Vocoder 5000. From the newsletter

"A new RAW Global Mode has been added in the 1.0.1 version of the XILS Vocoder 5000.

When RAW mode is engaged, the sound will be simpler, thicker, giving you the feeling of using less detailed vintage vocoders.

When this switch is off, internal XILS V5000 algorithms simply run at their full power for a deep, pristine analog sound. A la EMS 5000 !

All in all, the new RAW mode gives you access to a whole new range of Vocoder models, at the price of a simple switch
"

People who were looking for additional *older* Vocoder colours should check this mode I think.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

hmmm.... just dl'd the newest demo and I'm looking for the "RAW Global Mode" option... manual doesnt' reference and I cannot seem to find it in the GUI... is this available on the demo?

Loving the raw mode so far. Its pretty much always on for me now. Standard mode thins it out too much. :)

I would love it if we could bypass the internal synth and use a different source to process the side chain signal, kind of like Mvocoder or Lector.

It's interesting the quality difference of vocoders with the same band numbers. At 22 bands, it's still just as intelligible as Mvocoder with 80 bands. I have to crank Lector up to 40 and increase the bandwidth and mix in noise to get similar results.

-Sam

masterhiggins wrote:I would love it if we could bypass the internal synth and use a different source to process the side chain signal, kind of like Mvocoder or Lector.
wait, what ? XILS 5000 doesn't work like this ?

Daags wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:I would love it if we could bypass the internal synth and use a different source to process the side chain signal, kind of like Mvocoder or Lector.
wait, what ? XILS 5000 doesn't work like this ?
Found this tutorial for Side Chaining the Vocoder 5000 in Cubase with external signal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR3R56xeKhc

Hope this helps

LtZ

Hi,
Daags wrote: wait, what ? XILS 5000 doesn't work like this ?
Exactly ! The XILS Vocoder 5000 sidechain was done for this purpose.
(but after connecting the side chain on your DAW, you need to open the sidechain/process advanced settings panel to choose the audio part the sidechain must be mixed with, modulator or carrier)

blortblort wrote:hmmm.... just dl'd the newest demo and I'm looking for the "RAW Global Mode" option... manual doesnt' reference and I cannot seem to find it in the GUI... is this available on the demo?
The switch is located in the "Slew rate" panel : between the FREEZE and ABS/RMS switch

Available on the current 1.0.1 (1.0.2 for iLok mac) version, dongle free demo or full installers.

Best regards
Xavier

Thanks Xavier! ...for the notes on where to find RAW AND for the details on the sidechain ;)

Crap. Sorry Keith. I'll be sure to check it out as soon as I get my lappy back from ye olde repair shoppe.

Hopefully they'll add the ability to use the other oscillator for fm. Is that possible and I just didn't see it?

-Sam

Two tracks where Kelvyn used the Vocoder 5000 to perform complete melodic Vocal/Vocoder parts. :tu: :love:

Crimson Lake
Sky is taller

Btw seems intro price and crossgrade offers end tomorrow :)

The V5000 was recently reviewed by Computer Music :

" .... We'd go as far as to say it's the best software vocoder we've ever heard - it's clean, crisp and defined, and sure to bring a warm glow to the heart of anyone interested in the more psychedelic side of sound design.

The wealth of controls make it possible to transform sounds in awesome ways, particularly the Filter Bank Patching panel - see Patch of the day....
"

Source : http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... 000-617981

Return to “Effects”