the best vst emulation for roland tr 909?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:
ENV1 wrote:Best = Impossible to answer.
Too true, because there are even differences between 909's. I've owned around 10 of them and they all sounded different.
What is the sound of the TR-909 then? :P But i guess you mean minor differences.

Drumazon is a pretty damn good emulation of the 909 I find...

+1 for Drumazon
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

adl wrote:+1 for Drumazon
I adore my Drumazon.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

chk071 wrote:What is the sound of the TR-909 then? :P But i guess you mean minor differences.
Pretty big differences. They probably sounded more alike when they were new. I had a couple that were in mint condition, like museum pieces, but they weren't the best sounding, IMO.

Uncle E wrote:
chk071 wrote:What is the sound of the TR-909 then? :P But i guess you mean minor differences.
Pretty big differences. They probably sounded more alike when they were new. I had a couple that were in mint condition, like museum pieces, but they weren't the best sounding, IMO.
In my experience, when two different examples of the same analog product sound radically different, at least one of them needs service.

Given that the mint condition ones weren't the best sounding, it sounds like you might prefer damaged goods :)

ghettosynth wrote:In my experience, when two different examples of the same analog product sound radically different, at least one of them needs service.
Agreed.
Given that the mint condition ones weren't the best sounding, it sounds like you might prefer damaged goods :)
You can judge the viability of the components by how things look on the outside? You should bring your talents to the TSA! ;)

Seriously, though, I'd call them "out of spec", not "damaged". I think it's safe to say that most vintage analog equipment is out of spec by this point. Either that or the tolerances weren't tight to begin with.

Uncle E wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:In my experience, when two different examples of the same analog product sound radically different, at least one of them needs service.
Agreed.
You can judge the viability of the components by how things look on the outside? You should bring your talents to the TSA! ;)
Well, I can form an opinion just based on what I see, do you think that's good enough for them?
Seriously, though, I'd call them "out of spec", not "damaged". I think it's safe to say that most vintage analog equipment is out of spec by this point. Either that or the tolerances weren't tight to begin with.
Yes, but you're sucking all the fun out of my, very funny IMNSHO, joke.

I think part of the lure is that we speak with these. "Grab an 808 snare and throw a transient shaper on it..." "Like an 808 would sound" etc.

Uncle E wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Got a new contender in the ring: http://www.maxsynths.com/vsti_dr910.html

DR 910 by MaxSynths, costing €25 (32 bit only)
Worth it for the BCR-2000 template.
Now available for just €14.99 with the spring sale (valid until April 30) ;)

MaxSynths wrote:
Uncle E wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Got a new contender in the ring: http://www.maxsynths.com/vsti_dr910.html

DR 910 by MaxSynths, costing €25 (32 bit only)
Worth it for the BCR-2000 template.
Now available for just €14.99 with the spring sale (valid until April 30) ;)
Get it NOW, it's just awesome :)

Drumazon was on sale at Guitar Center recently for $25. It's a boxed version though.

Thank you Mac! ;)

Return to “Instruments”