Free NEW VST-Synth – Club Voltage

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I suppose I would have put all three osc's on the same side, currently it looks somehow arbitrary, except if there were a forth osc under osc 3 :hihi:

wagtunes wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:@wagtunes: Maybe search Cockos or Youtube for beginner Reaper tutorials and just create a project with one 32 bit plugin to start.
64 bit Reaper should play 32 bit plugin, but you could also try 32 bit Reaper; I would stick with 64 bit Reaper first;
I think a getting started tutorial would be enough to test the plugs..
I am going to do that the first chance I get. Just wish I didn't have so much work to do.
I turned to Reaper from Cubase years ago (I think it was around the release of SX3) for a couple of reasons, like arbitrary limitations.
While Reaper is powerful and it's possible to have a very effective workflow the big downside is that you have to take the time and effort to set everything up. Vanilla Reaper can be terrible in my opinion which is a shame and something I think may scare users away... There's also a LOT of settings so finding what you need is not always easy...

As a quick tip, check that the red record button is glowing just on the track you want to record and you should be fine. One or two extra clicks but I think you can set it up to work like in Cubase as well...
Last edited by mehum on Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You could also try Mixcraft 7, which now has its own internal bridge (which works fine, it has to because Mixcraft ships with several 32-bit plugins), is rather intuitive/human and affordable :)

@fluffy_little_something
"I suppose I would have put all three osc's on the same side, currently it looks somehow arbitrary, except if there were a forth osc under osc 3".

thanks for your tip. When ClubVoltage 2 will be released one day, I will think of your post, cause there's a good chance to pimp up the tool with four oscillators for the future.

Are there any feature-wishes for the future? please let me know that.

Best Regards
Carl

wagtunes wrote:Problem is (and this is my fault) I don't know how to really use it yet. Been using Cubase 7 for almost 2 years now and know it inside out, but it has been giving me a crap load of problems. If I knew how to use Reaper I'd switch to it, but I can't even figure out how to get it to just trigger one VST when I have more than one loaded. When I play my Axiom Keyboard, even making sure the VST I want to play is highlighted, the way I do in Cubase, it still triggers every VST I have loaded.
All VST's which are "record armed" are responding to MIDI in reaper.
Check the red round button on the left side of the track control.

Chris-S wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Problem is (and this is my fault) I don't know how to really use it yet. Been using Cubase 7 for almost 2 years now and know it inside out, but it has been giving me a crap load of problems. If I knew how to use Reaper I'd switch to it, but I can't even figure out how to get it to just trigger one VST when I have more than one loaded. When I play my Axiom Keyboard, even making sure the VST I want to play is highlighted, the way I do in Cubase, it still triggers every VST I have loaded.
All VST's which are "record armed" are responding to MIDI in reaper.
Check the red round button on the left side of the track control.
See, that's just it. In Cubase, a VST is record armed only when you highlight it or manually go out of your way to arm a track that isn't highlighted. It seems that Reaper is the opposite. Everything is armed and in order to disarm it you have to disable it. Totally non intuitive IMO.

The only thing I like about Reaper is nothing crashes in it. It's rock solid.

I just downloaded this and will try it out today, give you my feedback and presets, I have many things
to do because I'm currently beta-testing for FAW Circle 2, so I can't do too much with this synth today
but I will release the presets here with a mediafire link which I will periodically update.
"Art is the fundamental language of expression, it piers into our souls and moves us, Music is Art...it surrounds us." - Joel Bisson

@Synthematic
nice to hear that you create presets for ClubVoltage. Can't wait to test and hear them.

About the Reaper /Cubase -discussion:
Well, Reaper has features like programming own effects with Javascript or that 32 Bit Bridge and isn't so expensive like Cubase. It's a matter of taste I think to prefer this or that, but the most important thing for ClubVoltage and other 32Bit tools will be that the DAW of your choice will still have a 32 Bit support.

I'm working on a Win 7 and Win 8.1 PC, but there are still a lot of guys which use Win XP or older.

Best Regards
Carl

carl#kvr12 wrote:there are still a lot of guys which use Win XP or older.
mhmmm

ps. would be nice to be able to dl this without making yet ANOTHER internet account
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
carl#kvr12 wrote:there are still a lot of guys which use Win XP or older.
mhmmm

ps. would be nice to be able to dl this without making yet ANOTHER internet account

+1 !

"Kids! Get off my lawn!"

carl#kvr12 wrote:...but there are still a lot of guys which use Win XP or older
and I'm one of them :wink:

Return to “Instruments”