Diversion 1.4 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion Diversity 2 for Diversion Diversity for Diversion

Satch1 wrote:
ckam03 wrote:How do you guys feel about having 4 cutoffs? I like the sound but don't really like that aspect. Am I weird? Lol
I'm happy to have them. They provide lots of extra possibilities. You also have the 2 bus filters which you can route the oscillators through in various ways, so you can forget about the oscillator filters if you like and just use the bus filters. They can also process their inputs per voice or summed. 8)
Oh no way. Thats awesome! Gonna have to reinstall the demo then.

sches wrote:Sorry guys for the late reply, give me please some time to make everything finished and I'll share all the information about the upcoming effect, I just like to show anything on public when it's 100% ready only, it still has few things that I don't want to see in the final version. Anyway, it's very close now to finish.

Thanks for opinions and short reviews, it's always a pleasure to read well written opinions, even if the plugins didn't impress authors.

As for Zebra, yeah, it's an uber-plugin and I'll love it forever, it made a major impact on Diversion for sure.

And finally, the new plugin will affect Diversion as well, so many ideas here now, I hope to have all the time needed to make everything done.
This is exciting! I can hardly wait but, of course, I CAN wait. Release (unleash?) when ready.

:hyper:
바보

So I'm reading the manual right now and what I'm wondering is if the wavetable editor is the only way you can basically "morph" between the wavetables? And what I mean is in the traditional sense like in Massive or something. Not a big deal at all, just seeing if I'm missing something.

ckam03 wrote:So I'm reading the manual right now and what I'm wondering is if the wavetable editor is the only way you can basically "morph" between the wavetables? And what I mean is in the traditional sense like in Massive or something. Not a big deal at all, just seeing if I'm missing something.
The wavetable editor can only create or import static single cycle waveforms AFAIK. Only the default built in wavetables allow morphing using the morph X and Y knobs on the oscillators.

Satch1 wrote:
ckam03 wrote:So I'm reading the manual right now and what I'm wondering is if the wavetable editor is the only way you can basically "morph" between the wavetables? And what I mean is in the traditional sense like in Massive or something. Not a big deal at all, just seeing if I'm missing something.
The wavetable editor can only create or import static single cycle waveforms AFAIK. Only the default built in wavetables allow morphing using the morph X and Y knobs on the oscillators.
Thats what I thought would be the case but when I choose one of the built in wavetables it doesn't let me use those morph knobs.

Are you clicking on the name of the current waveform in the oscillators? This should open the waveform browser. Maybe you're choosing waveforms from within the wavetable editor?

Satch1 wrote:Are you clicking on the name of the current waveform in the oscillators? This should open the waveform browser. Maybe you're choosing waveforms from within the wavetable editor?
No I went to the OSC preset browser and picked an osc under wavetables.

you need to load waves from the "Built-In" folder. These can be morphed. :)

you can't morph wavetables
the oscillator x/y only works on the 'built in' waveforms:

"All waveforms generated by the Sound Source, have two independent parameters X and Y allowing you to adjust the timbre of the produced sound. Click on the XY-controller, hold the mouse button and drag up or down to change the Y parameter and drag left of right to change the X parameter. Also you can use the knobs to tweak the X and Y parameters.
The resulting effect of manipulating the XY-controller depends on the selected waveform. In the most common case the X-parameter changes the brightness of the sound, while the Y-parameter alters the tone. XY-controller is not active in sample and wavetable mode."

dave

dave dove wrote:you can't morph wavetables
the oscillator x/y only works on the 'built in' waveforms:

"All waveforms generated by the Sound Source, have two independent parameters X and Y allowing you to adjust the timbre of the produced sound. Click on the XY-controller, hold the mouse button and drag up or down to change the Y parameter and drag left of right to change the X parameter. Also you can use the knobs to tweak the X and Y parameters.
The resulting effect of manipulating the XY-controller depends on the selected waveform. In the most common case the X-parameter changes the brightness of the sound, while the Y-parameter alters the tone. XY-controller is not active in sample and wavetable mode."

dave
Well thats confusing. But thanks for clearing that up.

yes sorry
was watching Walking Dead with the daughter
and not being clear and focused ;)

basically
there's no morphing wavetables
the oscillator x/y controls some tonal effects, not morphing
and only on one set of factory waveforms

dave

@ckam03
Sorry if I added to your confusion. When I said the 'Built-In' waves could be morphed, I wasn't meaning that you could morph from one wave to the next, just that the 'Morph X and Y' controls become useable. Anyway, thanks dave dove for clearing that up :wink:

I wonder exactly what processes are going on under the hood with these waves. Some of them sure sound like there's some spectral morphing going on.

I hope Dmitry continues to develop the wavetable editor with more waveform effects and wave morphing. That would be nice. :)

Wow so I bought it and then it said error generating user key. Please tell me he gets back to people pretty quickly.

He's replied pretty quickly whenever I've emailed him. Dmitry's a nice guy so I would expect he'll sort it out ASAP.

Satch1 wrote:He's replied pretty quickly whenever I've emailed him. Dmitry's a nice guy so I would expect he'll sort it out ASAP.
And I'll second that as an extra confirmation that Dmitry will certainly help you out.

Don't panic ;-)

Return to “Instruments”