New song from Eat Crepes - Entropy

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Eat Crepes, my band, has started writing again. We're sort of focusing on the more dramatic, deeper elements of our sound this time around. We've recorded a new song which we're really proud of and would love to hear your opinions on.

https://eatcrepes.bandcamp.com/track/entropy

https://soundcloud.com/eat-crepes/entropy

Good work, well done.
Enjoyable track for sure.
:tu:

Nice song with some catchy elements!

It would be even better with a mellow, washed-out pad in the background (or some strings)! :idea:

nice! good composition and lyrics. the mix sounded a teeny bit squashed starting at 00:36 to my ears, though... kept
desiring a little more dynamic range while listening on the phones. still enjoyed. :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Enjoying your track nineofkings. :)
Well done!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

It's a great song. I played it twice, and enjoyed it more the second time around. I really liked the melodies on here. They're very strong and memorable. My only real criticism is similar to layzer's. The sound is a little "constricted" after 0:36. The heavy reverbed/gated tom possibly combined with the synth seem to be eating a lot of the "air" that this track might benefit from.

Good work :)

I don't know much about this music but I like the intro plucky melody and the vocals sound good (but I don't know much bout vocals) and I ike the snare ;)

lush , and well fit up ...
grows on you , as seismic noted ...
your pop sensibility shines here ...

i shudder to think of what you will be up to
when you've been at this for a few more years ...

I'm glad it grows on you! I'm not entirely sure if the lack of emptiness (gah double negative) in the mix is a mastering issue or an arrangement issue, but I'll keep that in mind as we continue to write and record. It is mastered pretty loud, but I don't hear the horrid pumping of some commercial rock releases so I feel like it wasn't overzealous.

Lovely. The vocal style reminds me of 'Muse' quite a bit, but nothing wrong with that. Keep it up. =)

Ridan wrote:Lovely. The vocal style reminds me of 'Muse' quite a bit, but nothing wrong with that. Keep it up. =)
Thanks! Our vocalist will be very glad to hear that - in fact, a random audience member told us something similar at our last show.

Nice track, sounds very pop like. nice work :)
:borg:

A very complex work all round. Lots of interesting rhythmic changes throughout this. Great vocals :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:A very complex work all round. Lots of interesting rhythmic changes throughout this. Great vocals :tu:
Thanks! We want to make "pop with a soul," so making complex songs that are still catchy is somewhat of a personal challenge. I think the newer stuff we're coming up with is more complex than before, but hopefully still emotionally appealing.

Now with a flashy ad to subliminally manipulate the sheeple #illuminati http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DODPh-puEo

Return to “Music Cafe”