Move on to another sub genre

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I produce Electro House and Big Room since 2008 and released like 3 tracks since that and with along remixes, the bad news is none of them got any attention or plays at soundcloud as I expected. It seems it's huge competition in those sub genre Electro House and Big Room in now days. My ambition have always been to get more fans and reach my goals to play at festivals, I remember how Kygo started at the beginning of 2013 and he start with remixing hits to an tropical house and now after 1 year he played at tomorrowland and ultra festival.

I have think about to move on to some other sub genre in the EDM where is not so huge competition.

Any ideas?

I don't think you are really going to see any difference. Picking a genre represented by less artists is a poor substitute for hard work and learning your trade.

Work on songwriting and go out and play live rather than just expect uploading to SoundCloud to get you success.
Sweet child in time...

Stop producing genres and start making music. Get close to sound. Feel. If you're being creative, what are the chances that the one thing you were born to create JUST so happens to be the stuff everyone else is trying to make to "make it big"? Find your voice! Take influences, aim for a rough genre even, but trying to be the next mainroom EDM guy is like trying to win the lottery. If in the end EDM is your true calling, after some kind of opening up and experimenting you'll be making a better and more unique version of it and will stand more chance of being noticed.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Deep Purple wrote:I don't think you are really going to see any difference. Picking a genre represented by less artists is a poor substitute for hard work and learning your trade.

Work on songwriting and go out and play live rather than just expect uploading to SoundCloud to get you success.
If you mean I gonna go out and play in clubs then none body here in Sweden will give me chance or opportunity to get into that, here is not like Netherlands that they help own people to get success, Swedish people are like this "if someone (who have more high status than us) who like it then we will like it to".

I have been asking for playing at clubs so many times but it leads no where.

bbnation wrote:I have been asking for playing at clubs so many times but it leads no where.
Start small then - parties, bars, coffee houses. Almost no one ever will have overnight success - most successful musicians went out and played dives, and got their equipment stolen, got into fights, lived off Ramen noodles for months, etc.

It's out there if you want it, but it's not going to come to you.
Sweet child in time...

But before even thinking about performing and promotion, there's the small issue of the music. Is it good? Can you play, DJ, or do live stuff to your electronic music? Are you an outgoing person (I am not and this is quite a big problem for me!). Try posting some of your music in the Music Cafe here. There are lots of EDM fans there who will give you constructive feedback. You may or may not like what they have to say :) Some of it may help you. If it doesn't, ignore it 8)
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Some great advises, really it boils down to do your thing, there are somebody out there who would like you for who you are, than all that folks who will despite who you aren't when you stop being "in/it".

Do your thing sincerely, even if you ain't going to stand next to your hero, you are standing on the ground, is there some crazy stupid idea you got that doesn't fit the market, do it, you have better chances in making it with being different, than same.

But if you want to make it fast and think you have a skills to be it and different, jump on future house, but do it fast because it's pretty much going to end soon, same like dubstep is dead now pretty much, even Skrilex doesn't make it anymore as far as I noticed, so Tchami and Oliver Heiden thing, be in the middle, you need to have something there, do you have some folk music, some viking themes or whatever, do that and be little different, you really need something to stand out, you need to have something worth recognizing, don't do cheesy saxophones and deep house elements, do everything else, find some exotic instrument and abuse it, use some folk instruments and themes too, just try to be that folk influenced Swedish guy that does that future house and in your native land, who knows, maybe that's the thing many would dig, like proud to be Swede and stuff.

I created my own genre. Problem solved. :P

There is competition in all sub genres, too. My tip: Be as different as possible and as mainstream as necessary! To get noticed in an ocean, you have to jump out of the water!

If your goals are to fit into a sub genre, have fans, and play festivals, you're in it for the wrong reasons. The goal should be to make music which you personally find rewarding and satisfying. If enough other people happen to like what you're doing, those other things might follow. Above all, have some integrity as an artist.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

wow thanks guys for those good advice and tips. :)

Get a Midi guitar to gain attention. How many edm midi guitarists are well known, zero? Name one....
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

stoner house is the next big thing.
mix spacemen3 type sounds with house beats!
do it before wednesday though as after that the next next big thing is hair metal house, house beats with annoying widdly guitar solos, this will last through to the weekend when there will be a retro revival of stoner house till monday when the next next next big thing will be future retro prog house... ad infinitum...

bbnation wrote:I have been asking for playing at clubs so many times but it leads no where.

Do you have a manager or a promoter? Are you sending out promo CDs to get gigs? What exactly is your approach?

Tricky-Loops wrote:My tip: Be as different as possible and as mainstream as necessary! To get noticed in an ocean, you have to jump out of the water!

Is that working for you? Getting plenty of gigs? :P

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”