After updating AGT, AGM, AGG and AGF plugin search in Sonar Platinum hangs

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This afternoon I downloaded the 1.8 and 2.0.2 updates and applied them to my win7 64 system Sonar Platinum DAW and all but AGT2 and AGM2 now hang in scan search. I've spent hours and am at a loss. Even the old dlls no longer work... I've searched for duplicate dlls and reinstalled the update several times and as soon as I remove the dlls, Sonar scans fine.

I'm putting Ample on the shelf for now as this has taken too much time. I assume a full reinstall of both the old AGT and AGM might be in order as well as AGG and AGF. But for now, I'm moving over to Orange trees Stratosphere/Strawberry/EAG. I don't know why things are hanging and everything worked fine before the updates. I have used these vsts in several songs and they are dead in the water now. :help:

Do I need to do an uninstall of everything, just use windows uninstall (I tried this for AGM and appied the update but it still hung), or what...

Can I do a complete reinstall and will that overwrite the old setup and hopefully fix the problem?

I haven't actually tried AGT2 an AGM2 yet as this has taken the evening but I will tomorrow. However I want the originals to work also and they are now hanging up Sonar's vst Scan...

Please advise. Thanks
My customer name is Vastman
CLIMATE MUSIC: http://www.tinyurl.com/vastman
SPlt/W10-64/4930K/32G; ARK1/Falcon/Banshee/Gravity/ Capricco&Min/OE1&2/REV/Sig Omni2/Tril/RMX/Alpha/Bravo/Juggs/BFD/ ALL Heavocity&OT/Lota synths&8DIO/Spitf/SL/KH/EW/IK/NI; NOVAX guitars

Hi. You may not notice the tip on top of the My Updates page which shows as 'The 2.0 software is installed and run separately from 1.x software. So please download and install with complete installers for 2.0 software first (Click on "Full Installer") even if you have 1.x software installed. Users can keep the old version 1.x while installing version 2.0. They can run and exist in parallel.'

Please uninstall AGM, AGT, AGM2, AGT2 and install AGM2 and AGT2 complete installer again.

Return to “Ample Sound”