EAG SS: strumming individual strings?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought EAG Steel Strings (apparently about 10 minutes after the new version went live). I'm trying to use it in a mode where one portion of the MIDI range selects a chord, and a different range is mapped to individual strings (in particular, I'm trying to reconstruct the Eigenharp strumming technique that Geert Bevin used in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TRUqFWRqIU and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oihkibWc3E8). But I can't seem to find controls to enable this: the new strumming-pattern editor is neat, but I don't think it'll give me control over individual strings that's independent of the clock/tempo sequencer.

Am I missing something? Or did this feature get dropped in the new version?

There aren't individually strummed strings in the new version, although I might add that in the next update. Are you mostly interested in that capability to use in conjunction with the automatic/custom chord voicings?

If you'd like, I can get you a copy of the previous version of the library, too.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Yup. I'm mostly looking for way to use a small "keygroup" on the Eigenharp (a block of 15 keys) to control the chord, and then let EAG figure out the voicings for me. I'm a lousy guitar player, I want as much help from the computer as I can :).

I want to use the 12 "bass keys" (at the foot of the instrument in those videos) for strumming, and they're mapped to C1-B1, so I'm looking for a way to teach EAG to use C1-F1 to trigger the string-strum events, while using C3-E4 or so to select the chords.

It sounds like the previous version might be what I need.. I'll contact you via support email about getting a copy. Thanks!

Just a quick note, I've added single string strums--this new addition will be available in the upcoming 8-string guitar library, and the other guitar libraries will get the feature in their next update as well. The way it works is, when in any chord mode you can use the string selection keyswitches at the very bottom of the keyboard to strum those single strings. The nice part is that it doesn't take up any more room with additional keyswitches. You wouldn't really use the manual string selection keyswitches when using the chord modes, so it feels like a more efficient use of those existing keys.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Thank you.
But, Could you add the setting to remap the string selection(strum individual strings) keyswitches?
These keys are very low for my midi keyboard.

Good point--I should put in a setting to remap them, like there currently is with the other keys/keyswitches.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”