Any news on 1.2 beta?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ogopogo wrote:Oh yeah, I guess so. But my current fantasy is that it's pretty much ready and they just wanted to wait till after 1.1.7 to keep things simple.

Yeah I must say, thats kind of how I thought it'd be also. I feel like 1.1.7 only exists to tide us over till 1.2 arrives ;)
Formally known as CnuTram.

Ogopogo wrote:Oh yeah, I guess so. But my current fantasy is that it's pretty much ready and they just wanted to wait till after 1.1.7 to keep things simple.

Yeah I must say, thats kind of how I thought it'd be also. I feel like 1.1.7 only exists to tide us over till 1.2 arrives ;)
Formally known as CnuTram.

delete
Last edited by hoshino on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

delete
Last edited by hoshino on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoshino wrote:
hoshino wrote:
TeddyMadison wrote:
hoshino wrote:Ableton is what I used.

It's just all the little things that nag me. I'm finnicky with things, though. Bitwig also feels super crammed. I need a bigger screen for it for sure. After a while all the little things (all of them are mentioned here... stupid ish like zoom, annoyances with piano roll, no group tracks, tiring pastel color scheme...) and bugs make run out of my patience. Of course you can finish a track in Bitwig. I just don't seem to be able to, it always ends in frustration.
I feel the exact same way, Bitwig for me makes more sense, yet i keep coming back to ableton because to me atleast its much more pleasing to the eye, The GUI is so, so clean and nothing is in the way. I can breathe easy with ableton and get inspired easy, With Bitwig everything looks big, things are in the way and I dont know but its too dark... Id love total theme options, but hopefully with the addition of groups ill change my mind.
You explained it a lot better than I could. That's it right there. :clap: bitwig has always felt claustrophobic. Like I said, it needs a large screen. forget about a laptop. I find anyway

i feel quite the opposit, live distracts me with that GUI. Also especially the arranger window, the tracks on the rightside, hard to differentiate, even wose with automation going on. Bitwigs arranger and inspector feels a lot like good old cubase. :D

Pretty subjective anyway..

I DANZ FUR BETA!!!1

TeddyMadison wrote:I feel the exact same way, Bitwig for me makes more sense, yet i keep coming back to ableton because to me atleast its much more pleasing to the eye, The GUI is so, so clean and nothing is in the way. I can breathe easy with ableton and get inspired easy, With Bitwig everything looks big, things are in the way and I dont know but its too dark... Id love total theme options, but hopefully with the addition of groups ill change my mind.
Funny thing, I always hated programs with dark background, but somehow with Bitwig I actually ended up liking it from the start. I really like the black-orange-blue combo, it's great to look at.

Ableton on the other hand looks horrible to me (at least the default look). Yes, Bitwig has bugs and lacks important features, but I just had a hunch that I should go with it instead of Ableton, motly beacuse of multiple file support and isolated plugin states. For a newbie producer like me that was much more important, but I can see how a skilled producer needs something that works out of the box. I'm pretty sure Bitwig will get there in a year or two.

Booth live and BW has big room for GUI-optimations. For my flavor live is a little bit better-looking (nicer typo, symbols, colors, smaller, more elegant...), but BW is a little bit more clear (escpacilly in the arrange, coloring follow track, symbols for sort of track, corners for clips...) but whats makes me crazy is e.g. the "inverted" mute-"light" in the same orange like all other buttons. that could be more one-view-self-explaining and not in the opposite of my controller-lights.
And i would also wish that selected tracks gets a 1pixel frame or becomes a little bit brighter (including the automate-lanes) and of course color-shemes, a nicer font and buttons and level-fader wich are not created in 2 minutes in windows-paint by a half blind person.

harmoney wrote:a nicer font and buttons and level-fader wich are not created in 2 minutes in windows-paint by a half blind person.
Don't you think it is a bit counterproductive to offend people like that when stating a wish?

dom@bitwig wrote:
harmoney wrote:a nicer font and buttons and level-fader wich are not created in 2 minutes in windows-paint by a half blind person.
Don't you think it is a bit counterproductive to offend people like that when stating a wish?
Dom, you are the coolest guy in the world 8) Can I have time signature modulation? :D :lol:

reverse psychology :D

:wink:

hoshino wrote:You explained it a lot better than I could. That's it right there. :clap: bitwig has always felt claustrophobic. Like I said, it needs a large screen. forget about a laptop. I find anyway
I've not read one constructive post from you about Bitwig. If you don't like Bitwig why don't you just get a life and troll somewhere else instead of jumping in everytime someone complains about Bitwig?

Sure there should always be room for critisism, but pure negative bashing is so annoying...
This could be your ad!

FYI tomorrow is april fools. Suspect funny business....

Return to “Bitwig”