A couple of MorphoX questions and possibly feature requests

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First off, just love the sound, really cool, fun to mess with, and fun to play.

There are a couple of things I can't figure out how to do, wondering if I missed something, or if they're genuinely not possible:
  1. Can you disconnect the mod wheel from morphing, so it can be used for other things sometimes?
  2. Can you modulate the morph wheel with LFOs or envelopes?
  3. Can you modulate the Wave mix in an oscillator with LFOs, envelopes, or continuous controllers?
My guess is that you actually can't do any of those things, which is too bad.

Don't get me wrong, I love MorphoX as it is, but those relatively minor features would make it that much better.

#1 is actually just the ability to remove something MorphoX already does, shouldn't be too hard, from my programmer-but-not-a-VST-developer standpoint.

#2 just adds the ability to control something MorphoX already does, also shouldn't be too hard.

#3, modulating the Wave mix in real time, might have technical or performance barriers, since that's not something MorphoX already does. It wouldn't surprise me if the result of that setting is calculated once when a patch loads or the setting changes, so doing it live is definitely harder. No idea how much.

Then there's the questions of how flexible the preset format is, whether adding new bits without breaking compatibility is a ton of work.

Is MorphoX still in development, as in, might get updated at some point? Any chance of any of those features getting added?

Anyway, like I said, great stuff!

Hi Dwozzle

the Mod-Wheel is hard linked to the Morphing process. The "other things" are often easy to achieve in the Morphing process, in example some people like to "open the filter" with the Mod-Wheel which can be done right in the morph.

You cannot do the morphing with any onboard LFO or Envelope, of course you can do it via the DAW by drawing any kind of shape in the Mod-Wheel Automation Editor (of the DAW).

The Wave mix cannot be modulated as you suggest, however its of course part of the morphing process.
All your questions are sometimes asked for, so maybe they make it in a future version of MorphoX, thanks for your interest!

Thanks for your reply Peter.

Re disconnecting the mod wheel from morphing, it seems intuitive to sometimes want the mod wheel to control pitch modulation, like it often does in many patches on many synths. I have instincts that make me grab for it when what's in my head is standard vibrato like that.

In that case, you might want to use a pedal or some other continuous controller to control morphing. I'm not at my music setup now, but I think that's already possible, if I remember right, but what you can't do is unhook the mod wheel from morphing. I really hope you'll consider making that a high enough priority to get it done at some point that's not forever away.

I remember that same limitation being mentioned in a review of MorphoX when it first came out, so others have noted it too.

Wonderful sounding synth!

Return to “LinPlug”