Move on to another sub genre

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote:stoner house is the next big thing.
mix spacemen3 type sounds with house beats!
do it before wednesday though as after that the next next big thing is hair metal house, house beats with annoying widdly guitar solos, this will last through to the weekend when there will be a retro revival of stoner house till monday when the next next next big thing will be future retro prog house... ad infinitum...
This is like parody on my comment, you ain't funny at all :roll:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
bbnation wrote:I have been asking for playing at clubs so many times but it leads no where.

Do you have a manager or a promoter? Are you sending out promo CDs to get gigs? What exactly is your approach?
also perseverance, be prepared to play for free at unis n partys to gain a following. dont expect to start at the top just work your way up. most of all try to enjoy the experience even when it feels like hard work, which it is mostly!

Passing Bye wrote:
vurt wrote:stoner house is the next big thing.
mix spacemen3 type sounds with house beats!
do it before wednesday though as after that the next next big thing is hair metal house, house beats with annoying widdly guitar solos, this will last through to the weekend when there will be a retro revival of stoner house till monday when the next next next big thing will be future retro prog house... ad infinitum...
This is like parody on my comment, you ain't funny at all :roll:
was more of a satirical view of genre culture than a parody of a comment i hadnt even read.

My apologies than :oops:

no worries :)

bbnation wrote:I produce Electro House and Big Room since 2008 and released like 3 tracks since that and with along remixes, the bad news is none of them got any attention or plays at soundcloud as I expected.
There's a big part of the issue right there - you've only released 3 tracks and a few remixes in 8 years... You need to be pumping out maybe a track a month - especially in a genre which is so cookie cutter template based. And they need to be really, really good to get noticed. Not 'different' as some have suggested - in fact it's more the other way with a genre like that - they need to sound very, very similar to the competition - fans of those genres want to here track after track that hits the same spot. Be business like about it - study the biggest tracks of those genres - copy the template then give that template a little twist to make it your own. Don't worry about being 'original' - originality has no place in a genre like that!
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Sendy wrote:Stop producing genres and start making music. Get close to sound. Feel. ....
Just this. The spirit of music.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

do_androids_dream wrote:
bbnation wrote:I produce Electro House and Big Room since 2008 and released like 3 tracks since that and with along remixes, the bad news is none of them got any attention or plays at soundcloud as I expected.
There's a big part of the issue right there - you've only released 3 tracks and a few remixes in 8 years... You need to be pumping out maybe a track a month - especially in a genre which is so cookie cutter template based. And they need to be really, really good to get noticed. Not 'different' as some have suggested - in fact it's more the other way with a genre like that - they need to sound very, very similar to the competition - fans of those genres want to here track after track that hits the same spot. Be business like about it - study the biggest tracks of those genres - copy the template then give that template a little twist to make it your own. Don't worry about being 'original' - originality has no place in a genre like that!
Once again, the Gospel of YEAHdubz is called upon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZt2yDZxpio

The Wise One speaks of Bigroom House, but you can pretty much apply it to any big EDM genre right now.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Awsome video. All I needed to know to make a hit :pray:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Sendy wrote:
Once again, the Gospel of YEAHdubz is called upon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZt2yDZxpio

The Wise One speaks of Bigroom House, but you can pretty much apply it to any big EDM genre right now.
Hehe awesome :lol: It's funny, on a taste level I detest that music so I'm wondering if I was in helpful mode or satirical mode on that last post...
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Lotuzia wrote:
Sendy wrote:Stop producing genres and start making music. Get close to sound. Feel. ....
Just this. The spirit of music.
Agreed. Music shouldn't be filling in the blanks in a template.
Sweet child in time...

I'm one of a billion people following the same old tired formula - why don't I stand out from the crowd?!!!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Let's see, you say you are not recognized and you want to move to another genre where you supposedly are recognized... Isn't it better if you find your own sound and ignore all these genres and sub-genres? In this age of trillions of copycats the innovators and originators bubble up -- and then the copycats move in and make it a genre of course.

Maybe you could start with realizing that those "sub-genres" suck and that EDM isn't actually a genre >.>

Also just make the music you enjoy. If you're not into the type of stuff you make, why bother?

edit: I'd consider something like House a genre, and something like Trance a 'super-genre' with Eurotrance to oneside and psytrance and it's related stuff to another. EDM is really just a marketing term and stuff that all those youngin's call those 'computer noises.'

Also I'll just leave this here if u wanna hear something good... https://youtu.be/UkHh5NuQC4M?t=1s

do_androids_dream wrote:
There's a big part of the issue right there - you've only released 3 tracks and a few remixes in 8 years...
I guess he meant tracks which were officially accepted by a label.

Why not play the lottery and then buy oneself's way into the biz? That's the more promising way to get successful in EDM... :clown:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”