Diversion 1.4 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion Diversity 2 for Diversion Diversity for Diversion

I replied to the question as soon as I read email, everything got sorted but let me know please ckam03 if any other problems occur.

I usually read the forum but not that often and can miss some question. Please send me a message via pm, email or by the contact page and I'll reply much faster. Like now, I replied to the email around 6 hours ago but only now I'm reading that question here of the forum.

We talked about wavetables and morphing through it some time ago and yes I'd like to add it, soon I'll return to updating Diversion and we'll see how long could it take me to do that.

sches wrote:We talked about wavetables and morphing through it some time ago and yes I'd like to add it, soon I'll return to updating Diversion and we'll see how long could it take me to do that.
Marvellous, thank you. :D

Do you think you'll be adding some mod matrix improvements at all... such as the ability to modulate mod depths, having unipolar LFO's as matrix options, and being able to use one slot to modulate all oscillator pitches simultaneously. Same for the osc filters cutoff and resonance too? :wink:

Yes, few things in plans for the closest updates already, on the others will think later. The more options modulations provide the better, it's always nice to boost it up :) We'll see what can be done.

Indeed, that sounds promising. Thanks for the reply. I'll leave you to weave your magic now :D

I love Diversion! Why isn't this talked about more? I hadn't even heard of this synth till a couple of weeks ago.

ckam03 wrote:I love Diversion! Why isn't this talked about more? I hadn't even heard of this synth till a couple of weeks ago.
I'm going to take a stab at this.

** DISCLAIMER ** This is just my opinion.

I found the sound underwhelming for a $169 synth. In addition to that, I found the GUI to be a cluttered mess with too much stuff on one screen and too small for the amount of stuff on it.

For the money, there are simply better options.

Yes, you mentioned that already.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Yes, you mentioned that already.
The hazards of old age...the memory is the 2nd thing to go. I forget what the first was.

wagtunes wrote:The hazards of old age...the memory is the 2nd thing to go. I forget what the first was.
Claiming that Diversion sounds underwhelming, I'd go with a lucky guess about your hearing :smack:

Lejurai wrote:
wagtunes wrote:The hazards of old age...the memory is the 2nd thing to go. I forget what the first was.
Claiming that Diversion sounds underwhelming, I'd go with a lucky guess about your hearing :smack:
You know, it's funny. I've heard people say that they don't like the sound of a lot of "popular" synths.

I guess there must be something wrong with their hearing too.

wagtunes wrote:
ckam03 wrote:I love Diversion! Why isn't this talked about more? I hadn't even heard of this synth till a couple of weeks ago.
I'm going to take a stab at this.

** DISCLAIMER ** This is just my opinion.

I found the sound underwhelming for a $169 synth. In addition to that, I found the GUI to be a cluttered mess with too much stuff on one screen and too small for the amount of stuff on it.

For the money, there are simply better options.
I like the fact that everything is on one screen because I hate going through tabs of crap. I actually quite like the sound. I don't like it for everything but you can get some really interesting sounds with it. I'd have the perfect combo in Diversion and Zebra if I wasn't so cheap though. I went with Synthmaster instead of Zebra :o Worst mistake ever but oh well. It is what it is.

wagtunes wrote:**** This is just my opinion.
4 Stars out of 5. No bad for a Freudian Slip. :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

i tested the demo long time ago, found the sound interesting and really sharp, there is nothing compared on the market, which is able to sound like that. the gui is intuitive for my taste and also not to small. the one screen idea is awsome, you can always see what is going and just grab what you want to modulate, adjust or change to alter the sound you have in your mind. clicking tabs and fiddling around with the gui to much kills the design flow.
the only thing, which was bugging me, was the high cpu usage, which makes it impossible to use this synth ever as main synth.
i dont know how complicated it is to implement cpu modes like u-he is providing, then i would consider buying Diversion for the unique sound i enjoyed.

Ameyah Audio wrote: the only thing, which was bugging me, was the high cpu usage, which makes it impossible to use this synth ever as main synth.
I agree with this, much as I love Diversion's sound it would be used more if it didn't tax my CPU so much.

wagtunes wrote:You know, it's funny. I've heard people say that they don't like the sound of a lot of "popular" synths.

I guess there must be something wrong with their hearing too.
Liking a sound of some synth is totally different than claiming something to sound underwhelming ;) My experience is that it's something different to others in the market. And it can be really agressive and loud, sparkling and bright or mellow and gentle.. Which is pretty good for something "underwhelming". And GUI is one of the best available since you can see everything in front of you and making modulations is very fast and easy.
Ameyah Audio wrote:..the high cpu usage, which makes it impossible to use this synth ever as main synth.
Luckily there's freeze function in DAW ;)

Return to “Instruments”