-*-

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote:Looks like those might be issues with MFM in S1. I don't get that in Reaper...

EDIT: I don't get that in S1 either... 64-bit on W7 64-bit. Weird.

Do you have the latest rev (3304) installed? You can see the rev on the default skins, near the Save button (mid-left of the GUI).
Hmmm, I must be thick, don't see the rev anywhere near the save btn on the default skin. (Which btw I really don't like, so not-intuitive. The Save btn doesn't look at all like a btn, for instance.) Screen shot attached.

Maybe the fact that it's not there means it's not the latest?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zentatonic wrote:I got that issue when I simply dropped the Spaced Out folder into Themes. It was also crashing reaper and tracktion that way.

I had to drag the contents of each folder contained in Spaced Out into its' respective U-he data folder.
What "respective U-he data folder"s do you mean

Path for me looks like this:
{my vsti data root}\u-he\MFM2.data\Support\Themes, which was empty before I put Spaced Out in there.

I do see Fonts, Images, and Scripts dirs in here, which as I discovered while trying to figure out what you meant, does contain the default skins, which I never knew where they were:
{my vsti data root}\u-he\MFM2.data\Data\

Following the pattern there, I'd need to rename the spaced out MFM2.txt file to spaceout.txt, edit the MFM2.txt file in \MFM2.data\Data\ to add it as an ALTERNATIVE, then copy the images to their respective dirs inside \u-he\MFM2.data\Data\Images, renaming them to avoid conflicts with the existing files, and adjust the names in spacedout.txt to match.

This doesn't sound like the expected way to install a skin. Did the format and/or location of skin assets change at some point? I don't see any info about building or installing skins in the User Guide. Where is that info?

Thanks much all.

Definitely try and update to the latest release (it's a sticky here in u-he subforum).

You're not supposed to rename anything for Spaced Out skin. Or add it as ALTERNATIVE anywhere. MFM2 is already set up for user themes in Support/Themes folder. Just dropping it in and loading it from the plugin, then "make default" should do the trick. Don't touch the .data/Data folder, ever, unless you really know what you're doing. This folder gets overwritten when updating the plugin.

Thanks ED, that's what I figured about messing w stuff in there.

And thanks for the pointer to the latest rev, will check it out.

Installed the latest version from the sticky in the u-he forum, and it's partly a step forward and partly a step back.
- Spaced Out now renders normally, no blank right side
- Changing skins has no effect until I close and reopen the plugin (not removing it, just closing the plugin window), same for factory ones and Spaced Out
- Changing to any skin, closing the plugin, reopening it, then closing it again crashes Studio One every time

But then...
- After repeating the above steps multiple times with consistent results, suddenly everything changed. Skin changes take effect immediately, and closing after changing, closing, and reopening again no longer crashes. However, Spaced Out went back to the same 3/4-rendered 1/4-white state as before.
- From there, I removed and added the plugin again, and now everything seems to be working normally. Restarted Studio One, and it's still working, with Spaced Out as the default skin, rendering correctly.
- I set Spaced Out in large view as the default, and the skin was remembered for the next insertion, but not the size. Didn't try going back to factory skins to see if they do the same, since this is working.

So, not exactly solid, but usable in its current state I think. Time will tell...

I wonder what the root of all this weirdness is. Caching on some level maybe? Some of it reminds me of the initial rendering problems with NI's Replika freebie, maybe there's some common tech there? (Replika's now working ok for me after the update, but takes a long time to show its UI, even if it's already added, just closed.)

Thanks for everyone's help, and for this much more usable (IMO) skin.

This is a known thing - plugin zoom size is not remembered globally. It's not implemented yet.

EvilDragon wrote:This is a known thing - plugin zoom size is not remembered globally. It's not implemented yet.
Thanks ED, didn't know that.

Do you think I should report this saga to Urs and company? Seems like there's a bolt or two loose in the theme support infrastructure, but maybe they know that already.

Wow.
This skin is amazing.
Thank you.
Each DAW has a different sound.

dwozzle wrote:Do you think I should report this saga to Urs and company? Seems like there's a bolt or two loose in the theme support infrastructure, but maybe they know that already.
They know that already and are working on it (when the new preferences panel is implemented to all u-he plugins, this will all be persistent, so you could set the plugin to load at any zoom level you want).

This is really an awesome theme!
Just one little detail wich is very minor but i thought i post it here, not sure if it has already been covered.

When loading the Theme in the initial state, i see some words shine through from the original theme, see here.

is there any way i can fix this?

cheers

Hmmm, I don't get that here...

its in the first state, when it shows the registered name. Maybe only in Bitwig and Mac tho.

Looks great but is super finnicky so it's a no-go. Needs to be more stable as it currently has too many little glitchy issues to be an everyday skin.

What exactly is super-finnicky? I'm not noticing any particular issues over here...

I've updated MFM and installed the Spaced Out skin.

First, thanks Eclectus for a great skin! I'm tempted to edit in a bit of colour if I can, but this is a lot clearer to follow.

Secondly, I'm getting a bit of text bleed as well, but only in the top right corner. The "Load" text has an on/off switch behind it, "Info" also has the same issue, as does the rev. number. No idea what that switch does, as clicking it just brings up the support menu. I'm guessing nothing :)

Still, it's not seeming to interfere functionally at all, just looks a bit weird.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Return to “u-he”