Any updates on U-he Hive release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

May be the initial post sounds more as a complaint than a quest for the information. I meant to just ask if there were any updates. Then somebody posted emotional comments and entire thread turned in to an argument. When somebody over-reacts in the replies, it forces others bring the points that otherwise would not be made. It was not intended as a complaint- more just a post from somebody who tired of chasing updates, read installation instructions and constantly struggling with plugins disappearing, reappearing, needing update, reactivation, new keys, and so on. The other day I was reinstalling Air Music update- the Expend disappeared after an update and would not load. After running a scan, I found out that Sample Tank 3, Gladiator and Melodyne failed the scan and were excluded. So I have to figure out why and fix it. Frustrating. There always something to fix or update or install.
The product page of Hive has this unmistakable first sentence:
You can download the beta and find out more information at our forum on KVR .
This includes a link to the first page of the Hive thread. All Newsletters except for the last one had those links too.
Why do we do this? - So we have all information in one single place. So we don't need to waste time doing web design.
When we don't rub Hive into everyone's face at all times and ways imaginable, it is because there was no new download or anything.
It may be nice idea to check the Spam folder as Yahoo Spam filter is very aggressive. I did not receive any newsletters since December. And only one last newsletter made it to my google account. Nobody’s fault. But when I come to the web site,
http://www.u-he.com/cms/hive
I see the same picture “Coming soon” and that it is in public Beta. Great. I already downloaded and installed the Beta. If there is updated Beta, it would help if you write, “We updated our public Beta on March 15th”. By looking on the product page, there is nothing to inform returning user about anything new.
OP seems unable to visit developer homepage and didn't read the info that the beta version expire on a certain date. Furthermore he didn't managed to work with the beta during the given timescale otherwise he had know that they are more presets then five.
I did not know it would expire. It never had more than 5 presets, so there was no need for me to “work” with it- I was waiting for presets and nothing happened (that I knew of).
At this point- what should I do? Download the latest version from the forum and then enter the serial number? (which must be somewhere in some e-mail)? I can probably wait for an official release if it will be released in 2 weeks…
I see someone is writing literally longest post on forum I ever seen, which is stating that he has no time to read thread with actual information.
I am taking my time to reply to those who contributed to the thread with good intentions.
Furthermore, why do you need 350 (!) synths, Astralv? How can you actually make music with all of them if you haven't even enough time to visit the U-He forum?
Honestly- I don’t know how it got that many. This is what it says after it scans. I have Komplete 10 ultimate and popular plugins from major companies. May be it counts effects too. It is pretty long list of instruments- I always get to discover something I never used. I been collecting them for couple of years… I do not have time, and they all require updates, fixes and all kinds of attention. I do not remember things. I forget what I bought and need to install- I just store the serials in my “To Do” folder.
Auto updater would be very helpful. Thank you.

Or you could just write 'sorry, I didn't check for updates at the U-he forum, where I've posted before to ask information about the beta, so my fault for jumping to conclusions about lack of updates, presets and official product news and for writing I feel ripped off by the company, who I now accept, clearly haven't done anything wrong as it's a cut and dried case of user error.'

To answer the question about what to do with the update, if you have a purchased licence, install over the old version and you won't need to re enter the serial.
If you're on the free beta, which I believe runs out today, you're probably out of luck, though if you are still on the free version it does conflict with the statement about expecting more for your money.

Anyway, at least you're now on the same page, product wise, as the rest of us happy users. :tu:
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Or you could just write 'sorry, I didn't check for updates at the U-he forum, where I've posted before to ask information about the beta, so my fault for jumping to conclusions about lack of updates, presets and official product news and for writing I feel ripped off by the company, who I now accept, clearly haven't done anything wrong as it's a cut and dried case of user error.'
I do not understand why some individuals feel such a need to... how is it to say nicely... bend out of shape to protect their favorite company. The fact that there was no updates did not change. The fact that 3 months later I still have 5 sounds did not change. The fact that the product page still looks the same as it was in December and there is no way to tell if other versions were released did not change. It is not my job to visit forums. I do it for fun. It is a company's job to inform buyers when updates are released and forums is not a right way to communicate it. This was already expressed- this is a good example why threads get long and dysfunctional, turning in to an argument- because there always one user who misses all the points and forces to bring them again and escalate the thread. I dont care. There was no updates in e-mail. Big deal. We already discussed it. Move on. I got it. Thanks.

No, you didn't get it. You bought a (very functional) beta version, not a fully and officially released product. You knew (or should have known) what you got yourself into. It was made clear from the start what and what not to expect. Anything beyond that *is* user error, plain and simple.

Can't speak for others, but yeah, I like U-He, I like how they do business, and I appreciate the way they keep in touch with their customers. Bazille and Hive (and Diva, if memory serves), released early to an interested public on special terms... these things just don't happen with other companies. And the only reason I'm writing here now (even though the "case is closed") is to say that I would like to keep it that way. It would be a shame if Urs decided to nix early access betas because of the grief they can apparently cause.

ariston wrote:No, you didn't get it. You bought a (very functional) beta version, not a fully and officially released product. You knew (or should have known) what you got yourself into. It was made clear from the start what and what not to expect. Anything beyond that *is* user error, plain and simple.

Can't speak for others, but yeah, I like U-He, I like how they do business, and I appreciate the way they keep in touch with their customers. Bazille and Hive (and Diva, if memory serves), released early to an interested public on special terms... these things just don't happen with other companies. And the only reason I'm writing here now (even though the "case is closed") is to say that I would like to keep it that way. It would be a shame if Urs decided to nix early access betas because of the grief they can apparently cause.
I agree 100%. U-he is easily in the top 5 companies on the Internet in the music software business. I own several of their synths and am happy with every single one of them. Hell, I've designed more soundbanks for U-he synths than for any other company on the market.

IMO, this is all just sour grapes and pure laziness on the part of the user. If you don't want the "hassle" of buying beta versions, don't buy them. I too would hate it if U-he stopped their current business practice.

But you know the old saying. You can't please everybody.

Even after Urs answered this thing we still need more update information?

Might as well make this one a sticky.....sheeesh.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Wait until tomorrow Urs is adding a new Hive effect that emulates the different sound you get using different brands of HDMI cable.

We're actually extending the Hive public beta tomorrow with 1375 factory presets, more to come.

Keep an eye on our forum. We don't have time to do website changes, and we don't update websites for products that are still in beta testing, or - like Hive - Work In Progress.

Damn! And I just bought it today in a panic (working on about 15 nearly-finished projects with an estimated 60 instances of Hive...). Now I feel ripped off!

Just kidding. :P

+1 Ariston, Wagtunes and Trimph1
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Maybe I am blind, but is there no drive control like on Sylenth? That knob can make quite a difference because it can give the sound almost FM-like, metallic properties, depending on the settings, of course. I haven't found a way to do that in Hive, yet...

I think input gain does the same.

I have tried that, but it is very tame compared to the Sylenth drive knob.

Another thingI noticed comparing it to Sylenth:
The Hive oscillators sound more static/less lively when stacking waves in the oscillators, or there is a strong wave-like effect when detuning more. I suppose it has to do with the fact that Hive only has that one detune knob per synth layer, whereas Sylenth has the detuning for the waves of each oscillator and then the detune knobs for the two oscillators of each synth layer.

In the Hive patch browser the up/down arrow keys on the keyboard always skip one patch.

So far I've had close to zero issues with the beta Hive -- I don't mind them finishing it in good time rather than pushing out something that is not complete.

Return to “Instruments”