Is Bootsie not makinng plugins anymore?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really like his plugins but man 32-bit only, I guess the 64-bit switch effectively reduced his audience to a size where it's not worth continuing.

Really wish he could have made the switch to fully native plugins I personally (and assuming many others) would have been willing to purchase his plugins if he went commercial and had fully native 64-bit code.

hopefully he'll do more collabs with the guys at TDR - slickeq was wonderful

http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-vos-slickeq/

He's working together with Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Lab and another Russian developer from vladg/sound. I don't think that it's possible for him to port all his plugins to 64 bit, I think he'll rather program new plugins together with other developers...

Last time he gave an update on FB, he was talking about doing a Moog filter... I think.
But that was ages ago. :roll:

*Sigh. I know it would be a lot of work for him, but I too wish VOS plug-ins were available in native x64. Some of Bootsy's plug-ins were practically unrivalled in terms of functionality and sound quality.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

32 or 64, who cares? If Bootsie wanted money he'd be a millionaire by now.

Hoping he returns to his former ways and tries to emulate (and reinvent) more old analog gear.

The stuff from when he worked alone was priceless!
Beats Of The Heart - Reggae Documentary (1977)
Post-Dilla: A Comprehensive Guide to the Beat Generation:

Hope he will do some more collabs with Tokyo Dawn /VladG - the expertise of Bootsy is priceless. In fact - his plugins are the only reason why I still work in a 32bit DAW.

If he/they made the NastyDLA tape delay in 64 bit native (non synthmaker) i would be very happy. Sure the MAC people would also love it.

Why does he need Tokyo Dawn / vladg in the first place though? Like they say, "the more chefs, the worse the soup".
Beats Of The Heart - Reggae Documentary (1977)
Post-Dilla: A Comprehensive Guide to the Beat Generation:

Izak Synthiemental wrote:... In fact - his plugins are the only reason why I still work in a 32bit DAW.
Same here...his stuff made my collegues red with envy back in my pro days... I was the only guy on Windows, and they all stopped taking the piss of me when they heard what his plugins could do. I owe you a beer or two if you ever come to England, Bootsie... You are a real genius and helped me to stay ahead.
In an industry where most products are gross caricatures of actual tools, those plugins delivers the genuine thing. THANKS AGAIN!
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

I've found jBridge works happily with the plugins, some require a little tweak but jbridge is great support if you hit a wall. Worth the money if you want 64bit bridge for your 32bit free plugins :)

Another proud and happy user of his plugs here too!

To be honest I preferred when he was doing plugins on his own, with Patrice designing the GUI.

75ips wrote:Why does he need Tokyo Dawn / vladg in the first place though? Like they say, "the more chefs, the worse the soup".
perhaps because they have the skills of programming and compiling code.

metalifuxx wrote:If he/they made the NastyDLA tape delay in 64 bit native (non synthmaker) i would be very happy. Sure the MAC people would also love it.
I would be very happy, too. NastyDLA is my favorite delay.
Love his other plugins also.
It's easy if you know how

Return to “Effects”