One Synth Challenge #73 special: Synthmaster (Jasinski wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uploaded mine, it's called :

"Shiny Thing".

Made In FLStudio.

I used : 19 x Synthmaster.

Track FX :
3 x ReaComp
2 x GGain
1 x TDR VOS SlickEQ.

Automation : Yes 5 x Volume.

Master FX :
1 x OTT
1 x TDR VOS SlickEQ
1 x FruityLimiter.

Official DR value: DR8

Enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/petervos/yeager-shiny-thing

While downloading all OSC tracks for listening to them offline i noticed that a lot of files consist only of the track title. But as far as I understand the rules, it must be "artist-title":
Soundcloud File name format: Artist - Track Title where artist name is the same as KVR nick.
So I don't know how strict that rule is applied, but just as a precaution maybe people should check and fix their files.

fese wrote:While downloading all OSC tracks for listening to them offline i noticed that a lot of files consist only of the track title. But as far as I understand the rules, it must be "artist-title":
Soundcloud File name format: Artist - Track Title where artist name is the same as KVR nick.
So I don't know how strict that rule is applied, but just as a precaution maybe people should check and fix their files.
I believe the rule is about the visible track title in SC to have it shown in the voting. This can be varied from the ulpoaded filename, which is used for downloads. Visible track names also often don't follow this rule. bjporter asks people to change it sometimes, so participants should take more care about this. He has enough to do with all the other stuff around here. Great job, Brian :clap:

MTLE wrote:
fese wrote:While downloading all OSC tracks for listening to them offline i noticed that a lot of files consist only of the track title. But as far as I understand the rules, it must be "artist-title":
I believe the rule is about the visible track title in SC to have it shown in the voting. This can be varied from the ulpoaded filename, which is used for downloads. Visible track names also often don't follow this rule. bjporter asks people to change it sometimes, so participants should take more care about this. He has enough to do with all the other stuff around here. Great job, Brian :clap:
Oh, so i misunderstood that rule. Still it would be nice if the downloaded files followed that rule, too. Makes it much easier when listening to them offline, a file name like "OSC73.mp3" is just not helpful.

Hi all,

here's my entry for this month's OSC:
https://soundcloud.com/blitbit/sleepwal ... -the-party

Title: Sleepwalking into the Party
BPM: 130

DAW: Reaper v4.77

Instrument: Synthmaster 2.6.21 Full (21 instances)

Effects:
6 x ReaComp
18 x ReaEQ
1 x TB Barricade CM
4 x TDR Feedback Compressor II
2x TAL Reverb II
1 x Voxengo Tube Amp

31 Tracks / Folders

Good luck to everyone who's participating! Looking forward to all your songs and feedback! :)
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

here is my track for this months OSC:

https://soundcloud.com/russiancorvette/ ... -treasures

made using 37 instances of SynthMaster Player in Ableton Live 9 using only Ableton Lives native devices for fx.

Hope u enjoy it!

https://soundcloud.com/crackhead-mcgill ... -addiction

I submitted this using the "select a track from your profile" option a few days ago but that didn't seem to work so I uploaded it manually a few minutes ago, link from my own soundcloud page above. I guess it just needs to be approved by a moderator?

Anyhow, it's called "Semuta Addiction". I was reading Frank Herbert's "Dune" for the umpteenth time and always wondered what semuta music sounded like. It's highly addictive in conjunction with the spice melange. I'd always imagined it sounded like binaural beats and was hypnotic. Well my version sounds like it's from some dark scifi horror movie but it worked out well that I didn't need drum sounds for it.

Studio One 2
6 instances of synthmaster player
6 instances of s1's eq
1 s1 reverb module
buzmaxi limiter
s1 binaural pan

fese wrote:
MTLE wrote:
Oh, so i misunderstood that rule. Still it would be nice if the downloaded files followed that rule, too. Makes it much easier when listening to them offline, a file name like "OSC73.mp3" is just not helpful.
Good point. I think Brian sometimes fixes the track titles for the Zip download that is made available after the submission date passes. Probably should remember to do this ourselves :oops: and save him the work. This also has the added benefit of helping listeners identify who's track they are listening to when not connected to the interwebs.

z.prime wrote:... And then just put a limiter on the master, crank it way up and you'll be fine. Will sound better than most of the pro tracks :-P
I like to chain about 3 limiters ...you know, get that "Extra-pro" sound :troll:

chain 3 limiters for that "Extra-pro" sound. that's pretty funny!

H-man wrote:
z.prime wrote:... And then just put a limiter on the master, crank it way up and you'll be fine. Will sound better than most of the pro tracks :-P
I like to chain about 3 limiters ...you know, get that "Extra-pro" sound :troll:
As long as they're different plugins, you're right. If they're all the same plugin, that's just weird bro. :hihi:

:wheee: :help:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Tjgoa wrote: :wheee: :help:
?

z.prime wrote:
Tjgoa wrote::wheee: :help:
?
I've encountered 3 things which might knock me out of this competition: 1. i mixed some parts in headphones which sound great but mixing on speakers sound way too muddy and reworking them would take too much time. 2. some parts sound different streamed than playing live instances of synthmaster. 3. I've completely run out of memory so I cannot normalize, stretch or add any new material to my current project file. I'm going to have to start from scratch in a new project and build up from where I left off after narrowing the selection, that'll take atleast an hour or two. I need to completely rethink my strategy if I want to make this track in time....

So yeah, you can say I'm panicking a little :hihi:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Easy: cut, cut, cut!! :)

Return to “Instruments”