Cubase style offline VST plugin processing in other DAWs...?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Knober wrote:I miss something here... so now basicly we can call bounce function offline rendering?? just wondering
It's the old school way of freezing or bouncing, usually used in cases like gain normalization or effects like convolution verb that cpu's at the time simply couldn't deal with in real time.
Rather than being an insert on a track, it was a destructive editing process routine. You could preview the track + fx on their own, but not in the context of the full song until you committed the effect.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

Cubase keeps the process on file and you can, isolated from the undo menu, remove the process specifically. So for instance I did something to some audio the other day which was fine at the time but later in more context in the mix it wasn't any good; so I go to 'Offline Process History' and remove only that change. Meaning I can commit to a decision and have recourse, having your cake and eating it too.

kelldammit wrote:
Knober wrote:I miss something here... so now basicly we can call bounce function offline rendering?? just wondering
It's the old school way of freezing or bouncing, usually used in cases like gain normalization or effects like convolution verb that cpu's at the time simply couldn't deal with in real time.
Rather than being an insert on a track, it was a destructive editing process routine. You could preview the track + fx on their own, but not in the context of the full song until you committed the effect.
ok but the OP asked for offline rendering and some users posted about FL's bounce or Ableton flat-bounce in wich you can't go back and edit stuff you have bounced
Last edited by Knober on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

it's the difference between freezing everything you've done up to that point versus a single effect applied to a piece of audio in isolation.
That one thing you want gone is gone, and everything else you've done in the meantime remains. You keep working, you cannot keep working on a frozen track.

nope

nevermind. Don't know of any "old school" offline bounces that use vst....
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”