copy sends question

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all,

is there a specific reason why copying sends to another channel defaults to "sends to nothing"?

Is there a faster way instead of using the list/menu every single time?

Thanks,

tL.
Professional.

LYTZ wrote:is there a specific reason why copying sends to another channel defaults to "sends to nothing"?
Yes, technical reason. Solution is to simply insert a new send in the other rack.
Is there a faster way instead of using the list/menu every single time?
Yes using shortcuts, see http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common ... tcuts.html

Simply insert multiple sends multiple times to the other 30 tracks you mean... :)
Okay...

Well, I was searching through the shortcut list, didnt find anything send related.

Can you specify what I should be looking for?

Thanks,

tL.
Professional.

Pls elaborate what you want to do.

Well, I am looking for a faster way to use sends on a mixdown (right now), that has 6 Aux-Return-Racks and around 30+ tracks.
Before I go through every single one of the tracks and insert 3-5 sends on each of them manually
I just want to make sure that there is no other way to speed things up.
Professional.

I'm afraid i don't see a quicker way. Now i also understand why you want to copy the sends. There is a note on the wishlist to support that, but can't say atm when it will come thru.

Alright. No big deal. Thanks!
Professional.

Yeah, I was in a similar position. I was lucky that I wasn't playing all 40+ tracks at once, so moved my send returns from each track to a single track (which had been Master), then routed that to the (new) Master. It wouldn't have worked in what I guess the situation is here, with all of the 30+ tracks in concurrent use.

mulab is strange sometimes - it has all sorts of wonderful functions - but then you come across something like this copy sends annoyance
If eg: you add a reverb rack - chances are that you will want to send multiple racks to it - and it's very tedious to have to add a send on each of these

It would be useful to have a right click on the reverb rack and be able to choose which other racks to add sends to - with an "all" option

ps: sorry to quote Ext again Jo - but inserting an effect in any track makes it available on all tracks straight away

This more anologous to a hardware mixer - where aux sends are already routed on each channel and you just choose what fx to use for them

--------------------

On a similar subject - is there a way to make up your own default rack when using "add rack" - having to keep adding eq to racks is also quite tedious

I know there are user preset racks - so that would work - but you would have to keep finding those in the browser
Cheers

Mick

@pljones

I've read your post a few times but still can't figure out what you mean !
Cheers

Mick

Here's what I mean:
What I actually wanted was the feed out to "Audio Output 2" from many racks. I ended up with this set up because the routing to "Master" from each rack is pre-wired -- it's easier to leave it in place and change "Master" to route where I wanted it to go. The "Send to Return" is for when I want to bypass "Audio Output 2" - it routes through to the "Return" rack.

You'll also see "Audio Input 2" routing into the "Return" rack (through an Audio File recorder). That's so I can capture the externally routed audio (not yet tried that bit).

(My set up is currently slightly b0rked and, as I can't remember exactly what the rest was, I'll stop there...)

@pljones

right I get it now - that's clever thinking - and useful for certain purposes

but obviously it's not the same as an actual send - because you really need a feed to both master and the "effect" - with a send amount control

I don't know what technical difficulties are which Jo mentions - but it would be great if he could fix it and make them freely copyable!
Cheers

Mick

Return to “MUTOOLS”