Omnisphere - all work lost

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KTlin wrote: This seems to be an issue only with Omnisphere..
for as much as this software costs, it should save all the edits to the synth with the
project. freeware synths do this ffs! :smack:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: for as much as this software costs, it should save all the edits to the synth with the
Indeed. Seems like it usually does save all the edits with the project but it has some kind of bug and sometimes it doesn't save them. The extremely nasty part is that this bug seems to be completely unpredictable, so you never know when this shit will happen. As musicdoc said earlier, it looks like Stylus also has this bug.

KTlin wrote:
layzer wrote: for as much as this software costs, it should save all the edits to the synth with the
Indeed. Seems like it usually does save all the edits with the project but it has some kind of bug and sometimes it doesn't save them. The extremely nasty part is that this bug seems to be completely unpredictable, so you never know when this shit will happen. As musicdoc said earlier, it looks like Stylus also has this bug.
I'm sorry for the loss of your work, but I think you're overstating what musicdoc said. Neither RMX or Omnisphere has this "bug", and both are host dependent.

If you don't want to save your patches/multis (I save patches even when I save multis) that's fine. No one uses Omnisphere the same way, but...

The most shocking thing about this thread is if you own Omni/Trilian/RMX Ableton Live seems highly attractive for anyone who might have use of a 2nd daw.

I am curious about this, but if I were you I wouldn't treat Omnisphere like it was just another synth. Or you can save your patches/multis. Yikes.

This issue is rare but happens in stylus rmx,
but is very common in omnisphere.
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

mod.eater wrote:So what's causing it and what's the fix?
That's a great question. Did anyone contact Spectrasonics support? If I'm reading Zvenx's post right, it sounds like deleting a file may cause the host to load the session properly and to contact support for details. Could be that something is getting corrupted and the issue can be resolved.

I've yet to run into this in Omnisphere (only had it a few months), but doesn't mean I never wil.

FWIW - never had this in Cubase in 10 years. Could be a random thing host-related? I have auto-backup every 10 mins in the DAW, so should something get corrupted its not normally too far back to go.

(3 year old thread I see).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
That's a great question. Did anyone contact Spectrasonics support? If I'm reading Zvenx's post right, it sounds like deleting a file may cause the host to load the session properly and to contact support for details. Could be that something is getting corrupted and the issue can be resolved.

I've yet to run into this in Omnisphere (only had it a few months), but doesn't mean I never wil.
Years later I don't remember which file I had to remove... my guess it was either an authorisation or shortcut file....but spectrasonics made me do it and I have never had the issue since.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:

Years later I don't remember which file I had to remove... my guess it was either an authorisation or shortcut file....but spectrasonics made me do it and I have never had the issue since.
rsp
maybe it's been ironed out over three years?

zvenx wrote:But every DAW afaik should save the parameters of each plugin, whether you save the patch or not within the plugin.
rsp
The same happened to me with SynthMaster and MuLab. I tweaked a patch in SM and later updated it (from 2.5 to 2.6). Then my patch was gone. :(

I understand I should have saved it but as zvenx said, I thought it would have been saved through MuLab. Still do actually. :neutral:

Since then I take screenshots of good settings and save them with my project. I think this is a very good idea really. :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Reading on the internet seems this happens to Omnisphere, stylus rmx and trillion, in all the daws, so definitely not daw related.

Spectrasonics support recommend deleting preference (.dat ? ) files after that omnisphere rebuilds the database.
(This fixes the problem temporarily for few weeks / months, but then later starts happening again. Contact support , delete preference files.. )

I always thought it was ram related. I've had this happen many times in Stylus but never in a project that didn't have a bunch of other ram intensive vst's also(kontakt).

In my opinion, if a plug like Kontakt is short on ram, the wav files for the sound will not completely load but all parameters are present.

With Spectrasonics stuff, the whole sound, parameters and all is missing. And unless you've saved it separately as a preset - good luck.
W11 i9-13900K, 64GB Cubase, UAD/Motu Monitor 8 front end and more plugins then I ever actually need :D

I'm using Cubase and Reaper and it happens to me in both DAWs

TS-12 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:18 am Reading on the internet seems this happens to Omnisphere, stylus rmx and trillion, in all the daws, so definitely not daw related.

Spectrasonics support recommend deleting preference (.dat ? ) files after that omnisphere rebuilds the database.
(This fixes the problem temporarily for few weeks / months, but then later starts happening again. Contact support , delete preference files.. )

Hi! i have the same problem and i cant find the .DAT file you mention. I'm using PC. if you can point me to the right path i would be very grateful!

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I never trust a plugin to interact properly with a DAW, and so religiously save every preset within the plugin itself, rather than rely upon the DAW.

teilo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:52 pm Maybe I'm paranoid, but I never trust a plugin to interact properly with a DAW, and so religiously save every preset within the plugin itself, rather than rely upon the DAW.
It's a good habit anyway, since you can back up those presets and use them in other projects/hosts.
Stormchild

Return to “Instruments”