What devices would you want BWS to have next?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:
sacer wrote:Some Midi Tools, one to select Midi Input channel to play different instruments in Kontakt / sampletank3

I would like to have recall buttons to set the 8 macros back to start position or to some defined presets, maybe there could be a morph function like kore, so that I can come back after tweaking a synth, or effect. if you use more than 8 synths during a live record / set and you tweak all synths then it is hard to set it back to the standard/ beginning sound during a record. The morph between 4 Synths doesn't fit this idea, because I want to tweak, jump back and tweak again. In Ableton I tried kapture but it wasn't stable, so I used in Ableton effect racks to mark important positions, but this needs to much time to set the 8 macros back to the beginning, especially by many synths simultaneously.
Actually that makes me thing of a module that is really needed, and that is a controller editor device like Studio One has

although BWS is touted as having good controller support I'm not finding this to be the case, controller support is based in complicated scripting that isn't accessible to most of us, the S1 type device simply helps map any controls to a macro or plugin in seconds.
Quick assigning controls is VERY comfortable in BwS:
Simply right click on a parameter and select 'Learn controller assignment', move the control -> done!
For mapping plugin and device parameters they also have a great concept:
Device Mapping.PNG
There you can assign your controls and save the default mapping per device/plugin.

The scripting is for the more advanced stuff/setting up the controller in general.
But for simple controller usage for a controller which isn't supported just try out the generic controller scripts (and I think there are more user-created ones if your needs aren't covered with the premade ones).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Equivalents of the following:

Grain delay
Buffler shuffler
Granular synth
Modular synths like the new ableton ones
Saturation
Pitch shifter that sounds alike ableton's beats algorithm

I think in general more devices for production, sound mangling and creative stuff.

Oh, and a Vocoder.

u-u-u wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
sacer wrote:Some Midi Tools, one to select Midi Input channel to play different instruments in Kontakt / sampletank3

I would like to have recall buttons to set the 8 macros back to start position or to some defined presets, maybe there could be a morph function like kore, so that I can come back after tweaking a synth, or effect. if you use more than 8 synths during a live record / set and you tweak all synths then it is hard to set it back to the standard/ beginning sound during a record. The morph between 4 Synths doesn't fit this idea, because I want to tweak, jump back and tweak again. In Ableton I tried kapture but it wasn't stable, so I used in Ableton effect racks to mark important positions, but this needs to much time to set the 8 macros back to the beginning, especially by many synths simultaneously.
Actually that makes me thing of a module that is really needed, and that is a controller editor device like Studio One has

although BWS is touted as having good controller support I'm not finding this to be the case, controller support is based in complicated scripting that isn't accessible to most of us, the S1 type device simply helps map any controls to a macro or plugin in seconds.
Quick assigning controls is VERY comfortable in BwS:
Simply right click on a parameter and select 'Learn controller assignment', move the control -> done!
For mapping plugin and device parameters they also have a great concept:
Device Mapping.PNG
There you can assign your controls and save the default mapping per device/plugin.

The scripting is for the more advanced stuff/setting up the controller in general.
But for simple controller usage for a controller which isn't supported just try out the generic controller scripts (and I think there are more user-created ones if your needs aren't covered with the premade ones).
Never been able to get any of that to stick:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=430572

tried setting stuff up that way but when I load the plugin or macro again it's gone.

I bought the Groove 3 tutorials and the last one covers controller mappings but he's saying just the same, the coloured chips are only for premapped supported controllers (based on scripts), if you don't have one of those all you can do is rightclick learn, but that isn't saved so you would have to do that every time which is just impossible. Studio One does this much better.

aMUSEd wrote:I bought the Groove 3 tutorials and the last one covers controller mappings but he's saying just the same, the coloured chips are only for premapped supported controllers (based on scripts), if you don't have one of those all you can do is rightclick learn, but that isn't saved so you would have to do that every time which is just impossible. Studio One does this much better.
Did you already tried it with creating a new topic in the controller scripting forum like "Help! Someone who can do a simple script for my [insert controller name here]?"
I don't know which controller you have in mind there but I guess that it isn't that specific that nobody can't help out there. From the scripting point of view it probably isn't that hard to setup some knobs.
You probably should specify how you want it to work. The option that comes to my mind are:
+ the knobs always will control the currently selected device
+ if desired knobs can be learned to fixed parameters per project via right click.
If there are also transport controls on your controller that also could be done once via API and then should work forever ;)
Maybe S1 does it better but that won't help you with BwS. And I hope that something can be done about your controller here ;)

if its just a midi keyboard with knobs and transport you could also already use some scripts, and just make them fit to your CC numbers, like my A-300 script for example. If it's just that i could help with that, for more advanced stuff other people might help out.

A tuner, so you can see what key your samples are in, true pan added to tool, and a time delay device so you can offset all your snare midi data by a millisecond or 3 instead of manually doing it per note.

A superfresh funkitator

aMUSEd wrote:
n3ofolkr wrote: a Resonator plugin (like in Ableton Live)
which is very useful for eg Dub Techno chords
The resonator bank seems pretty close to the Live one, do you not use that?
Hm, not really useful in my eyes (ears) for dub techno related stuff like https://soundcloud.com/prypjatsyndrome/ ... eb-preview
I mean, the Resonator bank sounds for me that it got the "wrong frequencies" for the stuff I want to make. You know I mean?

1. Convolution Reverb with possibility to load own IR's
2. Polysynth needs at least one more oscillator and additional waveforms like sine and triangle. Multisynth if you want.
3. A simple noise generator. I know FM-4 works, but a standalone device with additional pink & brown noise and standard envelope would be cool
This could be your ad!

u-u-u wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I bought the Groove 3 tutorials and the last one covers controller mappings but he's saying just the same, the coloured chips are only for premapped supported controllers (based on scripts), if you don't have one of those all you can do is rightclick learn, but that isn't saved so you would have to do that every time which is just impossible. Studio One does this much better.
Did you already tried it with creating a new topic in the controller scripting forum like "Help! Someone who can do a simple script for my [insert controller name here]?"
I don't know which controller you have in mind there but I guess that it isn't that specific that nobody can't help out there. From the scripting point of view it probably isn't that hard to setup some knobs.
You probably should specify how you want it to work. The option that comes to my mind are:
+ the knobs always will control the currently selected device
+ if desired knobs can be learned to fixed parameters per project via right click.
If there are also transport controls on your controller that also could be done once via API and then should work forever ;)
Maybe S1 does it better but that won't help you with BwS. And I hope that something can be done about your controller here ;)
I tend to use a combination of several controllers so a single script isn't going to help, and all 3 are discontinued products (NI Kore 2 and Hartman Neuron NUKE, plus some knobs and the XY/DBeams on my V Synth) so unlikely to have scripts for anyway. I really think scripting is a fine approach for people who want support for particular products but we still need a simpler solution for situations like this, and also I prefer something that can be easily setup and tweaked visually rather than having to get into scripting. The Control link approach S1 uses would work really well in Bitwig because you could not only decide which layout you want the controllers to be in, but also each param could be assigned to one of the 8 colour chips so they automap to devices.

Guyz Ladies u'are so strange...

Lets back on some basis hardware wantiez.... =>

- track delay minus/plus (ableton like)

stereo enhancer (colord like cubase 7?5 one...

many cries many cries....
night life...
sry but i can't talk alone.

Saturation, Overdrive, Tube Amp, Amp, Cabinet <-- combining these gets incredible sounds.
Along with vinyl distortion/crackle emulation, this was a great effect in Live.

Convolution reverb, and a better really high quality standard reverb - the current one gets too muddy or something... maybe the internal buffer is too small/low a bit-rate? However, I use that muddiness to great analog-esque effect so I'd prefer a new one rather than the current one being fixed.

A more complex stereo rotary device with phases and wave shapes for both L/R, and adjustable speeds.

dckyoto wrote: A more complex stereo rotary device with phases and wave shapes for both L/R, and adjustable speeds.
Does the rotary do more than panning? I see many requests here that would basically just be a preset for a fx layer device.

Multiband fx and Blur makes a great stereo enhancer for example

Only those devices that can't be done by 3rd party stuff...

Return to “Bitwig”