One Synth Challenge #73 special: Synthmaster (Jasinski wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do we still have time?
I'm writing from a friend's PC because I don't have internet, and won't have for some time, and just found out that there are numerous glitches (one of which continues for almost 2 minutes) after the render - happens when the CPU is running hot. So I have to go render and come back here again.

wagtunes wrote:
z.prime wrote:
z.prime wrote:... which gives you 5 hours, 30 minutes ...
Only a n00b couldn't learn a synth, design sounds, compose a track, mix, and master it perfectly in that time.
Most of my tracks I finish in about 2-4 hours.

It shows, doesn't it. :lol:
It takes me days/weeks and mine still sound amateurish
(thats cos I am) :hihi:
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

I spent quite a bit of time of this track (estimate 100+ hours). The majority was spent building the individual segments of the track then streaming to wave. I had planned atleast 3 days of arranging (which still isn't enough) but forgot to take into account the days I have for school so ended up pulling a single all nighter arranging the entire track. At one point I had to start from scratch because of RAM issues. There are five or so sections of the track that I had to work each in seperate project files to conserve cpu. There is an entire section of the track that didn't find its way in because I forgot about it, but I'd say the track is long enough as is though it could have very easily been much longer. The missing segment was probably the best one, or atleast most developed. Will upload it to the kvr thread sometime soon since its already complete. Someone mentioned the track at parts reminded them of an artist called paragliders, which I though could be a cool name for the track. Cheers

I've been up for over a day arranging this in its entirety from start to finish from already streams files. Track is over 30 minutes long. Try listening with headphones! I mixed a lot of parts using them.

Rough estimate about 120-150 free synmaster player full and streaming with the full version.

Daw: Orion and Fl Studio

Effects: About
Melda Compressor 30-40
Melda Limiter 5
Tal Rever 3: 4
Tal Dub Delay: 3
T-force Trance Gate: 2
Karma Fx Delay :15
Fl Parametric EQ: 40
Melda EQ: 50
Orion Compressor for Sidechain : 10
Orion Reverb
Fl Bittersweet 10-15

https://soundcloud.com/majestic_dawn/tj ... estic-dawn
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Tjgoa wrote: ...because I've been up for over a day arranging this in its entirety from start to finish
...Track is over 30 minutes long.
...about 120-150 free synmaster player full and streaming with the full version.
...Daw: Orion
...I've got to go to class now.... :o
Holy Bat-droppings dude :shock: Now that is dedication to the OSC :hail: :hail: :hail:

Downloading Tjgoa's Megamix/Song: 352 mb..- ! :D :o

keith303 wrote:Downloading Tjgoa's Megamix/Song: 352 mb..- ! :D :o
Wow! That's bigger than Windows 95!! :)

z.prime wrote:Wow! That's bigger than Windows 95!! :)
Unrelated to audio side note... this is pretty frikkin' cool: http://www.windows93.net/

z.prime wrote:
z.prime wrote:Wow! That's bigger than Windows 95!! :)
Unrelated to audio side note... this is pretty frikkin' cool: http://www.windows93.net/
Ha - got me! As a developer, that's pretty cool.

So when is #74 going to be announced? It's 1:20 on the east coast and I'm having withdrawal symptoms. I need me some new OSC action. LOL

wagtunes wrote:So when is #74 going to be announced? It's 1:20 on the east coast and I'm having withdrawal symptoms. I need me some new OSC action. LOL
You can always just start working on a track with some different synths/sample placeholders. And then A/B with the OSC synth when it's announced.

z.prime wrote:
wagtunes wrote:So when is #74 going to be announced? It's 1:20 on the east coast and I'm having withdrawal symptoms. I need me some new OSC action. LOL
You can always just start working on a track with some different synths/sample placeholders. And then A/B with the OSC synth when it's announced.
That's kind of tough, especially if you want to use arpeggiated sequences and don't know if the new synth has a built in arpeggiator, or if you decide you want to build a tune off a particular sound that inspires you. The synth sometimes matters a lot depending on how much individual character it has. Sure, some synths are more or less interchangeable, but not always.

That's a hell of a track you did tjgoa :) I'm enjoying it.

I'm just worried you may be disqualified for using multiple daw's and submitting after the deadline :O
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

wagtunes wrote:That's kind of tough, especially if you want to use arpeggiated sequences and don't know if the new synth has a built in arpeggiator, or if you decide you want to build a tune off a particular sound that inspires you. The synth sometimes matters a lot depending on how much individual character it has.
Sure, no argument about the inspirational aspect of a particular patch, though, you can just use an arpeggiator in your DAW. I always just use Bitwig's arp rather than the synths, so I don't have to bother learning a different one each time.

april contest? i have some time over eastern.

yeah I'm anxious to see what april's synth is too.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Return to “Instruments”