triggering e kick from 3rd party vst...

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to trigger e kick through nerve. How do you do it? Also note receiver doesn't trigger the velocity so that option is out.

say Nerve sends out the kick on c-1.put a note reciever( set to receive fron nerve track) and a note filter before e-kick to filter out only the c1.
That should do it...

That does play the note through nerve how ever it completely ignores the midi data, so doing a crescendo won't work. I actually got it to play through with out note reciever, but i replaced the device and reset it up and it would no longer work. So I am wondering if the monitor in / midi send feature is bugged.

Haven't got nerve, but I'm using this method with Geist a lot, where I trigger BigKick from Geist.
Tested it with Geist and e-Kick, and it works.
Did you crank up the velocity sensitivity in e-kick ?
Other than that, maybe Nerve doesn't output velocity data...which seems very strange.

Thanks for the reply, I tried messing with the velocity but no matter what settings I tried the velocity data remained unchanged. And nerve works with other programs, did it all the time in Ableton so I am guessing it's a bug. Will report it and see what happens.

Return to “Bitwig”