(the product formerly known as) Epoch

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kylie wrote:it has been released! who else got that email from colin?

YAY!!!
april fool?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I would have LOVED to release on April Fool's day, but it was not to be, I'm afraid!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

April Foolions? :roll:

there are still ~11h left to make it really happen :D

colin@loomer wrote:I would have LOVED to release on April Fool's day, but it was not to be, I'm afraid!
Don't worry, you can always aim for a 1. April release next year...
---Signing off from the road to ruin----

colin@loomer wrote:I would have LOVED to release on April Fool's day, but it was not to be, I'm afraid!
Not to worry, the new tax year starts next week - seems like a excellent time to start something new...
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

colin@loomer wrote:I would have LOVED to release on April Fool's day...
Yeah but no one would have believed you :hihi:

the arranger view ?
boo!

let's have a butchers at some modular shenanigans please mate : )
and a name too while you're at it ; )

colin@loomer wrote: Image

Absolutely: I'm aiming to get some more screenshots of some unseen parts up soon.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

So what does the arranger arrange? Is this hosting plugins?

Yes it can host plug-ins, but the arranger is for linearly sequencing clips for the various sequencer modules.

colin@loomer wrote:Yes it can host plug-ins, but the arranger is for linearly sequencing clips for the various sequencer modules.
I am very glad to see some sort of linear clip arrangement facility (especially one that seems to allow automation and note/event data); its the one thing sorely lacking from pretty much all of the existing modular-environment plugins.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

RaxnTrax is modular and has a linear sequencer besides its various step and automation sequencers
Amazon: why not use an alternative

The polishing continues as I optimise memory usage. Unlimited undos are great, but I've found that some commands consume much more memory than they need. And I like to keep things lean.

And because I've ended up changing the way that parameters are stored, it also gives me a chance to improve some MIDI mapping code. MIDI mapping may sound like something simple, but due to the fact that the MIDI mappable parameters are not fixed (as would be parameters in your typical VST synth, for example), and that I allow almost everything to be MIDI mapped*, it's some mighty clever code.

I'm also making MIDI mapping a little more intelligent. It's a pain to individually map each step in a step sequencer, so it will now try it's best to detect patterns and offer to auto-complete as necessary. If you map step 1 of a sequencer to CC #4 and step 2 to CC #5, it will automatically offer to map the remaining steps to consecutive CCs starting at CC #6.

* Off the top of my head, I think it's just the Input and Output device selections which can't be mapped, and due to the way they work, I can't see they ever will be I'm afraid. There are workarounds though: if you want to route to a MIDI device depending on the value of MIDI CC, you can create two Output device modules, and then route to either using a MIDI controlled switch.

Sounds fabolous Colin - a summertime treat perhaps? :D

Return to “Loomer”