Gigging keyboard players

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, what is your keyboard setup? I'm not really talking about what boards you use (although it would be interesting to see this too) - more how you're connected up to the PA/desk and what monitors you use. I'll be using a double keyboard setup so just interested in hearing how others set up.

I use a couple of small Yamaha PA speakers (forget the model, but they're small and sound great) for monitoring my sound; then
from the built in mixer directly to the main mixer.

edit - Yamaha StudioPass 300

Using 3 keyboards into a behringer 12ch mixer.

From the mixer either into:
a shitty alesis keyboard amp
my GK bass amp with a horn
or headphone mixer when I'm running sound and playing, so I just monitor through earbuds with a monitor mix blended in.

I still have not found any kind of all-in-one solution I'm happy with. Every keyboard amp i've tried seems to have at least 1 or 2 glaring problems with it, either design-wise of functionally.
I'm the best you can get, have you guessed me yet? I'm the slime oozing out from your TV set.

Clydewinder wrote:Using 3 keyboards into a behringer 12ch mixer.

I still have not found any kind of all-in-one solution I'm happy with. Every keyboard amp i've tried seems to have at least 1 or 2 glaring problems with it, either design-wise of functionally.
That's why I finally went with the Yamaha StudioPass series. It's small, has it's own built in amp/mixer and it
has a really clean sound. It's also loud enough to hold it's own with two guitarists in a band. :D:
Use a snake to connect it to the main board.
I never was happy with keyboard amps either, and actually went for a time with a large PA system Keith Emerson would envy.
I blew out my knees carrying them up the steps to my home one night after a gig, and said f**k this I'm getting something small.

I haven't gigged in a while, but when I did, I used wired earbuds running out of my keyboard submixer. In addition to always being able to hear myself clearly, it also protected my ears from the drummer's #$@%ing cymbals. I'd pull them out at the end of the last set and wow...I could hear perfectly with no more ringing in the ears. Another bonus was that it helped pare down the gear I had to carry to an absolute minimum.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”