A small "Waveterm" for Terratec Komplexer (and other products)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AudioTermII? My version is 2.26 or this does not mean real 2 version?

I have question about import wavetables as audio cycle from wavosaur. I can create audio cycle and import into AudioTerm as wavetable but it create smooth transition between each wave, and i want make it without this transition. It is possible? Need I set up special wave from wavosaur or in AudioTerm?

The currently available software is "AudioTerm I v2.26". The new project has the working title "AudioTerm II".

You can export a wavetable with 33 slots and without interpolation as *.wav using the following settings:

BASE: normal
Slices: 33 <RAW>

I am sorry for the late. Thanks but i have one question. How you upload the wave as in your picture? I can not get SCREEN 1.4.0. Only 1.1.0 or 1.2.0 and then 2.0.0. If I load the wave, it show me different options.

ufff wow so beautifull software, a lot of thanks for this great creation, i have a question you can make a version to work with a old pc using windows 98 or something like that to use a old pc to emulate a waveterm? (use the old pc beside the daw)

The API used for Audio - Term requires at least WinXp. Many features (especially for data handling, sound and memory management) require system specs which are not supported by older Windows versions. It would require a complete rewrite (and it took years to make the current version work without bugs).

I'm currently working on a new project, which will be a realtime FM/Additive synth similar to the Synclavier FM section. So I'm sorry to say that there's no time left to make a Win98 version of the Editor.

Amazon: why not use an alternative

Last edited by pottering on Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

it wopuld be nice if the DL zip was in a folder BEFORE it was zipped up :wink:

I'm glad to hear you're working on new projects, also, blacktomcat!

I'm sure it will be a very interesting synth! :tu:

Audio-term 1 is as good as it is for me. I wonder what goodies can Audio-term 2 can bring to the table? I'm sorry I haven't been paying too much attention to this thread lately, just updating from the Audio-term app.

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Audio - Term II will be very similar to the FM section of the Synclavier II (including the resynthesis part, which is very similar to what the K-TERM function does). There will be some limitations / extensions, so it's not meant to be a true and full "synclavier sound emulation" - this would reqire a way better solution of the fixed vs. variable sample rate problem to avoid aliasing (I use a combination of oversampling and fm index modification based on the operator freqs and the content of the wave - sequenced carrier).

The videos are early sound examples (more test sounds from different development stages than a product demo, but to get a grip on what it will sound like...):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPSjMORs39o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmUWYmxLoOM

Wow! :clap: :clap: :clap:

So that's what you meant... this looks and sounds great, man! Definitely Synclavier-ish, and old Depeche Mode-ish? :wink: I like the styling of your apps so much. They tempt me to acquire some low-res retro looking little LCD or even CRT just to run them on it. :D

Will you make a new thread for Audio Term II? I'd like to know about it. :tu:

Have fun! :D and then we'll have some fun, too! :D :D :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:Will you make a new thread for Audio Term II?
Yes, but first I have to code something that's really worth a new thread. :wink:

Some new tests (all using the same organ wavetable):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ0qqRJx1CI

mmm such music to my ears! :D

That first sound sounds like the intro for "Beat it" - Michael Jackson, I think. Will we be able to render multi-WAVs to use these resynthesised sounds in a sampler? :wink: ...or maybe even use it as VST?

Great work, blacktomcat666! :tu:
Last edited by DuX on Fri May 22, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DuX wrote:
That first sound sounds like the intro for "Beat it" - Michael Jackson, I think.
Yes, i couldn't resist... although the "Iconic Gong" preset needs another carrier waveform and different settings for the four partial timbres.

Return to “Soundware”