no panners? Can't host mono & stereo plugins? WTF!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm using a stereo instance of PW on a stereo track. I wanna insert two parallel mono delays and pan them left and right. BUT the stereo version of the plugin only load stereo plugins, which is a waste of DSP to load a stereo plugin and pan it mono.

1) Request ability to insert BOTH mono OR stereo instances inside a stereo instance of PW.
2) Request panners be added to each parallel output

There are PLENTY of other real world use cases I could easily unload regarding the demand for mono and stereo versions of hosted plugins. This seems like an oversight, no?

If users are to rely on this plugin they are going to need to be able to host complex routing of any mono or stereo parallel path to truly make this plugin worth while. Otherwise every user can just use their DAW to create the desired routing.

This plugin is a great idea, 85% of the way their IMO. A great replacement to creating additional DAW assets (tracks) just to have a few parallel paths, but if full support of parallel paths isn't there, I don't see the need for this plugin.

Thank you for the feedback. You can actually load mono plug-ins too, but there is indeed no integrated panning, because the plug-in supports all sorts of audio streams (not only mono/stereo but also surround).

We are currently working on additional channel routing features that you might find interesting in the future.

Good on ya! These new mono stereo routing features are the solution!!! Thanks!

:-)

I think a panning knob next to the individual synth inserts in Patchwork Synth is essential for fast synth layering!
What I want to do seems very simple:
I want to Layer two synths, then pan one to the left and pan the other to the right directly into patchwork.
This is not even possible?!
The post faders are in serie so inserting a panning plugin for each induvidual synth isn't working either!
The only possibble way I could figure out is to route the individual synths to their own output in my DAW and then pan the faders of my DAW to the left and to the right. Then Group them to have one output fader for 2 layered synths eventually. Way to inconvenient if you ask me.
The point is: If you want to layer and pan multiple synths quick and easy, you don't want the extra faders in your DAW
Common Blue Cat Audio! Put a simple panning knob next to the synth inserts!

Ok, granted, patchwork has a lot more features but Plug and Mix's new plugin "chainer" has the panning knobs too!
If you're planning to implement a simple panning feature in future Patchwork updates you've gained yourself a new customer! :clap: :tu:

Hi,

I am not sure how you exactly use it, why why don't you layer the synths like this, using the parallel chains?

You can even map pan parameters so that they appear as pan pots at the bottom of the user interface. This lets you select your favorite pan plug-in and its pan law (and even surround if you need it) and still have direct access to the pan pots.

Have I missed something?

"Have I missed something?"

No you didn't, I did! :dog:

You've got my support!
Purchasing now! :tu:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”