March 2015 update: ACE, Bazille & Zebra2 (rev 3437)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mabian wrote:I guess some hot fixes are on the way.
We can not do hotfixes. The now known issues are related to ongoing work on the new preferences panel.

The fixes for, say, cable preferences and default skin will need to be beta tested. We will publish betas as soon as we can, but we might not have any time to do so before Musikmesse.

well, my solution of rollingback to 3304 versions was short lived, the problem was fixed until i rebooted my computer, there were absolutely no software/system updates installed when rebooting so i am now quite puzzled.
so in Ableton 6 I can do a rescan of the plugins in the Preferences window, but that doesnt fix the issue, it still crashes the app trying to open projects previous using even the 3304 versions. I can disable the AU and then open the projects successfully, IF i try to then re-enable AU plugins and then drag and drop, lets say ZebraAU as it was meant to be, then the app crashes.
If I again disable AUs, open an old project, re-enable AUs, DELETE the empty Music Device box in the selected track and apply the new Zebra, then Live does not crash, but I have to choose the Preset again (which I dont know by heart of all the songs i have written, which BLOWS!)
So, I am literally massively screwed, unless I have access to pre-3304 versions of Zebra, Filterscape, MFM2, ACE, etc, I really dont know what to do.
I am still of the idea that the Preset/File management is the culprit, as I can confirm that even rolling back did not delete the files written by the latest releases, instead it just added the presets/files, oh man, not a happy customer right now at all... i got 5 years of songs and 7 DJs sets that I cant open again with U-He's AU products enabled, and I use Filterscape and MFM2 on all my tracks....
Short of deleting manually all the new presets in the Default folder and pray I am out of ideas, I dont even think that updating to Ableton Live9 will fix this one.
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

Ugh. Can you please send us one of the crashing projects and your Live.crash.logs to support at u-he dot com?

I'm not sure we have a Live 6 anywhere but if we can open them, we can work on a fix right away.

Also, I'm *very* sure it's Live's plug-in cache. We've seen the most mysterious things on our machines. It's probably so that the number of parameters has gone up, the version of the AU SDK has changed (we had to upgrade because of Logic 10.1) or some other little thing that comes unexpected to Live. So I'm sure there's a fix for this and we'll assist wherever we can.

I have sent CrashLogs and an example of an Ableton project. Let me know if there is more you need from me...
Bitwig cant open AbletonLive 6 projects, right? ... I mean, that would be great, but it doesnt, eh?
like if I switched to Bitwig, and tried to open all my projects and Voila'! BAM! Shazam!!!

oh man, am I getting desperate...

Garzita wrote:I have sent CrashLogs and an example of an Ableton project. Let me know if there is more you need from me...
Bitwig cant open AbletonLive 6 projects, right? ... I mean, that would be great, but it doesnt, eh?
like if I switched to Bitwig, and tried to open all my projects and Voila'! BAM! Shazam!!!

oh man, am I getting desperate...
We've got a Live6 now and we can reproduce the crash after updating our plug-ins. The crash happens inside Live, there isn't much we can debug from our side. I'm now convinced that it's related to the way AUs used to be instantiated back then and how they are instantiated now.

We're going to look a bit deeper into this. An initial test shows that Live 9 opens those projects without crashing.

Pity that Live's file format back then wasn't as readable as today (now it's a zipped XML). Otherwise we could probably just go in and make the changes.

that is bad news for me as I have no choice but to upgrade to Live9 which I am no fan of its warping method...
well, lets see how much the upgrade costs... thanks for looking into it.

Is there anyway i can have access to the pre-3304 versions? I have shows this Friday and Saturday, would love to have them as back up in case the upgrade does not work, sorry if I sound paranoid, but I am sure you understand considering that music is my livelihood

*** EDIT: Updated to Live9 and the old projects are working fine now... guess you may want to mention that in the release notes, as far as DAW compatibility is concerned that Live6 has problems with your latest plugins... sucked that I was the one who discovered it though ;(

delete please ... i found it out on my own. :party: :tu:

Hi,
I found that changing the default skin does not work anymore, zebra will restart to the factory skin every time after I open another instance!
Anyone?
M.
God save the Groove!

maurone dj wrote:Hi,
Anyone?
Nope - everyone :wink: Seems like the recent version has b0rked it for all of us so we're just gonna have to stick with the default skin (or change it every time !) until it's fixed.

mcbpete wrote:
maurone dj wrote:Hi,
Anyone?
Nope - everyone :wink: Seems like the recent version has b0rked it for all of us so we're just gonna have to stick with the default skin (or change it every time !) until it's fixed.
We're brooding over a fix (also for cable options in ACE and Bazille). It won't be too long.

The new download archive page is handy, but the version of Diva available there is build 2165, when 3304 is available (and recommended) on the other stickied thread on this forum

mustgroove wrote:The new download archive page is handy, but the version of Diva available there is build 2165, when 3304 is available (and recommended) on the other stickied thread on this forum
3304 isn't *officially* released - it's still a beta in our Latest Builds section until we sort a few things out (2 more bugs I think). It does however fix the Logic 10.1 "Missing GUI" bug, so we suggest to use Diva 3304 with Logic.

The release directory has all the versions in palce that you also get from the individual product pages.

Hi,

in my u-he account I only found Dark Zebra v3304, not the common v 3437. Is this intented ?

MorpherX wrote:Hi,

in my u-he account I only found Dark Zebra v3304, not the common v 3437. Is this intented ?
I think that Zebra HZ doesn't updated yet...

Return to “u-he”