Another warez user featured in an FM video?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Idly watching the FM video of Kill Frenzy that went up recently on YouTube, I noticed an odd lycropped shot of Sylenth at about 5.39. Looks like the plugin is licensed to 'TEA...' something or other. Has Kill Frenzy got his plugins from the same place as Martin Garrix?

http://youtu.be/spjECncnLcM

Yet another guy with a nice looking setup using dodgy software?

A quick Google search brings up "TEAM AIR".
So yes, looks like it.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

It's remarkable how much KVR forum users mentioning FM, this company, without any problems.
So i guess it must be OK.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

ffs...disappointed once again,makes 1000's djing can't but leigit software
Last edited by ere2learn on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

When you have FM over or buy Sylenth or don't use it, is that so hard to do, you would think they all know by now, now Lennar reps. need to come up with believable cover up story, again....

:dog: They even tried to hide it this time around. Look at how nervous the producer is and moves the Sylenth GUI constantly around and towards the corner. Still you can clearly read "TEA", which is an indication to "Team Air".

What annoys me the most:
How many times has this happened now? Four times? Five times? Or is it already the sixth time? And how many times were there the most craziest excuses?

It's okay to smack cracked software into the faces of the readers and be like "It's cool to use it", it seems. Yet if we talk openly about "grey zone usage" (i.e. testing of tools that can't be tested otherwise!) or "warez" in general - the thread is being locked and moved away out of the public sections.

It is a farce to those that work hours to scratch together money to keep their studio maintained. A slap in the face that try to keep their business running. Along comes Future Music Magazine with another "DJ" making a good income, showing us the finger.

I am actually surprised, that the comments on YouTube regarding using a cracked version weren't deleted yet.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

And another internet witch hunt. Now even about the letters "TE" which basically could mean anything. Come on guys, there's better things to do in life... the ones who you'd think care the most, Lennardigital themselves, won't even post in this thread.

And who would actually really think that the guy is "making thousands" and NOT pay for his plugins? Really, time to stop being hilarious.

They really should get the FM camera crews a batch license for Sylenth to go around with.
Auth real quick before the cameras come on. ;)
chk071 wrote:And another internet witch hunt. Now even about the letters "TE" which basically could mean anything. Come on guys, there's better things to do in life... the ones who you'd think care the most, Lennardigital themselves, won't even post in this thread.

And who would actually really think that the guy is "making thousands" and NOT pay for his plugins? Really, time to stop being hilarious.
With respect, I dont understand anything about what you are saying.

First, no, it could not "basically mean anything". It is a pirate copy. They were attempting to hide it. Why are you on the side of defense, when you dont really know?
Second, you dont think this kind of thing should be talked about? Better things to do, sure, but this is 'noteworthy' activity within the music making community. Discussion worthy, imo, especially due to the now repeated 'mistakes' in FM vids.
Third, "who would think that people make money and dont pay for plugins"? I mean, what? Its like, extremely, insanely, horribly, common.
ImageImageImageImage

chk071 wrote: And who would actually really think that the guy is "making thousands" and NOT pay for his plugins? Really, time to stop being hilarious.
Judging by the way he moves Sylenth to cover the "TE" ... I have my doubts he payed for that copy of the product. He knew to hide it which is why he drags it a few times. The video and his actions are enough to lead me to believe it is not a legitimate copy. Until proven otherwise, I don`t think that our reactions are hilarious.

highkoo wrote: They were attempting to hide it.
Um... it's not a problem to edit it out of the video you know. So how exactly were "they" (whoever that is) trying to hide it?
highkoo wrote: Why are you on the side of defense, when you dont really know?
And why are you so convinced that it was a pirated copy when it just says "TE"? And what makes you think, even if it was a pirated copy, that the guy doesn't own a legit copy, which is, according to Lennardigital, the case in most of the "caught in the act" cases of FM videos.
highkoo wrote: Second, you dont think this kind of thing should be talked about?
It's completely pointless IMO. But of course, how would i be able to hinder anyone in holding pointless witch hunts. Again, i quote someone from the "harmed" company:
Ruben(LD) wrote: We do search for artist that use Sylenth1 and don't own any legit copy of it, we deal with this on our terms and we don't feel the need to shame them online.
An attitude which would suit the usual audience in threads like these fairly well.

manytone wrote:
chk071 wrote: And who would actually really think that the guy is "making thousands" and NOT pay for his plugins? Really, time to stop being hilarious.
Judging by the way he moves Sylenth to cover the "TE" ... I have my doubts he payed for that copy of the product. He knew to hide it which is why he drags it a few times. The video and his actions are enough to lead me to believe it is not a legitimate copy. Until proven otherwise, I don`t think that our reactions are hilarious.
Considering that video was surely not shot "live", it's no problem to shoot the respective scene again. So why would he nervously try to hide the plugin windows then? He's also moving the Arturia Minimoog plugin window @ 4:28. And probably other plugin windows too.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. 2 letters are not enough to accuse someone of using warez, and even if he did warezed, it's pointless to do a witch hunt here. He won't read it, none of his fans will read it, Lennardigital don't give a sh**, all we have here is a gathering of KVR haters who of course never warezed anything in their life, right?

Is this some new performance art?
Surreal Irony, or something?
ImageImageImageImage

chk071 wrote: Anyway, it doesn't matter. 2 letters are not enough to accuse someone of using warez
Since you keep spouting;
Yes, it is enough to pretty much prove it.

So, move on to your other nonsense points that somehow lead you to be here in a music software forum telling people they shouldnt talk about software piracy being put in their faces by high profile industry brands. :roll:
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:
chk071 wrote: Anyway, it doesn't matter. 2 letters are not enough to accuse someone of using warez
Since you keep spouting;
Yes, it is enough to pretty much prove it.
Alright, the judge has spoken. No further evidence is needed. Ignite the fire! :P

Silly silly.

I find it really hard to believe that someone who makes/has a ton of money would not buy the software they use. Unless, of course, they just hate the developer or something. Who knows.

I know that some people who own legit versions use cracked version of the software because, apparently, it sometimes runs better. That does make sense on some level. Remove the copy protection and you've got the CPU resources it was using up.
I have my meals in a royal palace accompanied by the Royal String Quartet.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”