April Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nothing to do with the contest, but here's a poem I like:
http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/173994
No longer a moderator.

Discouraged here
I dont see how I can squeeze 10 songs, with obvious spacing as well, into 3 minutes.
thats 180 seconds/10 18 seconds plus 3 for space means 15 seconds each

Aint gonna fit
Heinrich Heine wrote: "Nothing is more futile than theorizing about music."
Me write: "I have no talent and regularly prove it in the Music Cafe contests"

haha, what a great idea !!

tempting, but i don't know if i have the required skills....let's see

peppy197 wrote:Discouraged here
I dont see how I can squeeze 10 songs, with obvious spacing as well, into 3 minutes.

Aint gonna fit
given how everything else is so time-compressed, maybe you don't need 3 seconds of silence. according to the rules, you can also employ other means of signaling the changes. not that 18 seconds is a luxury; in the few of these i attempted, i found it a real stretch to fit into 3 minutes :shrug:

can the songs/pieces be thematically linked, or do they need to be distinct ??

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
peppy197 wrote:Discouraged here

Aint gonna fit
given how everything else is so time-compressed, maybe you don't need 3 seconds of silence. according to the rules, you can also employ other means of signaling the changes. not that 18 seconds is a luxury; in the few of these i attempted, i found it a real stretch to fit into 3 minutes :shrug:
I agree. You don't need 3 full seconds of silence between the songs - you just need enough silence to make it clear that one song has ended and another has begun. I'd say that about 1 second could be enough if the adjacent songs are different enough.

Who says it need to be 3 seconds silence between songs?

preferably with space between them, or some other means—an announcer, say—to clearly mark where one ends and the next begins; the silence or whatever DOES COUNT toward the three minute total).
You don't need any silence at all if the all the tracks doesn't sound the same.
Last edited by Hellfog on Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who says it need to be 3 seconds silence between songs?

preferably with space between them, or some other means—an announcer, say—to clearly mark where one ends and the next begins; the silence or whatever DOES COUNT toward the three minute total).
You don't need any silence at all if the all the tracks doesn't sound the same.

well, I'm going to keep 1 second silence between songs/tracks
1 second is enough imo.
I'm trying to do 10 really different tracks not one song in ten parts, so every single track will be different in key, time and arrangements. no need for more silence.

Cheers

Hellfog wrote:You don't need any silence at all if the all the tracks doesn't sound the same.
I agree :tu:

I'm getting a headache thinking about how to do this theme . . .

:=(
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

I really can't see me making it (again) :cry:
I'm struggling find time to produce any music at all these days and although I really like the idea of this one... {sigh}
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:can the songs/pieces be thematically linked, or do they need to be distinct ??
Thematically linked is fine.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:can the songs/pieces be thematically linked, or do they need to be distinct ??
Thematically linked is fine.

How about ten songs in parallel all at the same time, or in fugue :harp:

or the same song played at different tempos at the same start with some detuned?

Boy I'm gonna re-invent noise

Lets see now:
110 guitars
32 pianos
40 strings
10 kits :wheee:

al
Heinrich Heine wrote: "Nothing is more futile than theorizing about music."
Me write: "I have no talent and regularly prove it in the Music Cafe contests"

Return to “Music Cafe”