Maschine Studio on sale =? new version soon?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maschine Studio is on sale for $799

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... newsletter

So... does this herald an imminent release of a version 2 of the bigger Maschine controller?
------------------------------------------
Gribs

It's been on sale for that price before - to be honest it's still quite pricey for what it is, I have the micro and don't feel the need to upgrade, to be honest I prefer controlling maschine from my nektar p6 - I need a keyboard!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

just the usual sale before the trade show in a few weeks.

I have the original controller and also do not feel the need to upgrade the controller... even though the Studio is so swanky and covered with colored blinky lights :)

I would not mind having a Nektar controller; I confess to having thought about selling my Kronos 61 and getting a Nektar instead.
Gribs

SLiC wrote:It's been on sale for that price before - to be honest it's still quite pricey for what it is, I have the micro and don't feel the need to upgrade, to be honest I prefer controlling maschine from my nektar p6 - I need a keyboard!
A Maschine keyboard would be kinda cool actually...

I suspect that it has more to do with lackluster sales. I can't imagine that NI has been selling so many of these at $1k that they're already bringing out a Studio MkII, but I could be wrong.

FTR I'm also still on the original version of Maschine, although I do have the mkII software.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I'd love a maschine studio, but even at 20% off it's still a long way out of my budget range. I'm honestly pretty happy with my arturia sparkle, it seems to be getting the job done for the time being.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

I bet they have a new piece of gear coming out.

If there were a KB similar to the Komplete integrated things that was also a Maschine controller with the nice color displays, I would consider that seriously... but the Nektar Cubase integration might win.
Gribs

I would not be surprised to see a Komplete controller without the keyboard.

The Komplete controller with keyboard is called Kontrol and comes in 25/49/61 keys. has it's own software and is very much like controlling plugins on the keyboard like Maschine.

the Komplete controller without a keyboard is the Maschine Studio, has full presets and can open all the Komplete plugins.

SLiC wrote:It's been on sale for that price before - to be honest it's still quite pricey for what it is, I have the micro and don't feel the need to upgrade, to be honest I prefer controlling maschine from my nektar p6 - I need a keyboard!
+1 here :)

MachineClaw wrote:The Komplete controller with keyboard is called Kontrol and comes in 25/49/61 keys. has it's own software and is very much like controlling plugins on the keyboard like Maschine.

the Komplete controller without a keyboard is the Maschine Studio, has full presets and can open all the Komplete plugins.
No there isn't a Komplete controller without a keyboard yet, Maschine is able to serve as one but is overkill and too expensive if all you want is the controller functionality. What is needed is something with the knobs and controller functions but without all the drum stuff.

Return to “Instruments”