Max/MSP tools for LinnStrument

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know that I started a repository of Max/MSP tools for the LinnStrument.

It is located here: https://github.com/natcl/LinnStrumentMax

For the moment there's not much but I made a matrix to control the LEDs of the LinnStrument easily.

Please note that you do not need to purchase Max to run these, you can use the patches with the runtime located here: https://cycling74.com/downloads/

Please send suggestions and comments !

Just wanted to mention I updated the repository a bit.
There's now a proper linnstrument object that you can use to interact more easily.
For the moment it will manage starting/stopping usermode and you can set colors and receive note information.

I also updated the paint example so you can now paint directly from the LinnStrument.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I downloaded Max and will give this a try. I was actually thinking of coding something similar (painting patterns by touch on LinnStrument) in Pd and in the firmware.

definitely going to have to give this a try, thanks for sharing

Hey this is really neat. I've got some ideas that I'll try to get started soon and share with you all. I really want to set up one side of a split to do multichannel panning...

-Eric

Thank you for your work with this! Can MAX/MSP also create a micro-pitch layouts for the Linnstrument (i.e. midi note# 1=1/96, midi note# 2=2/96, etc), as well as assigning customized midi note numbers and channels to each pad in the layout (creating regions, beyond simple vertical splits, on the pad matrix)?

Is it correct to say that, in the absence of a Linnstrument editor for creating complex, customized layouts and presets, MAX/MSP is the programming software a Linnstrument user needs to learn/use to create them?

Thanks for sharing this!

dolomuse wrote:Thank you for your work with this! Can MAX/MSP also create a micro-pitch layouts for the Linnstrument (i.e. midi note# 1=1/96, midi note# 2=2/96, etc), as well as assigning customized midi note numbers and channels to each pad in the layout (creating regions, beyond simple vertical splits, on the pad matrix)?

Is it correct to say that, in the absence of a Linnstrument editor for creating complex, customized layouts and presets, MAX/MSP is the programming software a Linnstrument user needs to learn/use to create them?
I'm a year late to this thread, but for anyone still paying attention:
yes, max makes this totally doable. I wrote a max for live patch that splits the left half of the linnstrument into sixteen different four note regions, and each region has a drop down menu to assign the notes of a chord to that region. You can also adjust the pitch of each note up or down by 24 semitones. I made a second patch that lets you assign any note to any pad.

I would upload, but I'm still working out the pattr object in M4L (so you can save your crazy note assignments) and how to include abstractions inside patches (so you don't pull up a bunch of blank grey boxes on your screen when your computer inevitably lacks the files my computer has)

Return to “Roger Linn Design”