Ideabox

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If the sound stays the same, but S1 has been completely rewritten, I wonder what actually has changed. And why not include improvements when completely rewriting it, anyway?
At the speed S1 updates keep coming I don't think I will wait for the next one to see simple things like pulse fixed, maybe I will already be dead by then :roll:

By re-writing it completely, improving Sylenth1 will be less time-consuming. Please notice Apple decided to drop the support for the API (application program interface) in which Sylenth1 was originally written, forcing us to re-write it. Now that's (mostly) done and the release is inbound, we can focus on sound- and usability improvements.

I see, well, just drop all things Apple :hihi:

Is there a way to use the two filters in series? I can select "Osc A and optionally Osc B to Filter A" as well as "Osc B and optionally Osc A to Filter B" (actually it should probably say Part A or B instead of Osc A or B). But I assume that means that the two filters are used in parallel, right? So I can't create a 36 or 48 db filter 8)

I suppose that is the consequence of selecting where the signal comes from rather than where it is sent...

This guy mentions a few things in his video that I can agree on: More mod destinations, more Envelopes for example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTBtd0hDZ1w

We've seen it, beside that it's hilarious the routing part is something that's on the to-do-list for a future update.

Ruben(LD) wrote:We've seen it, beside that it's hilarious the routing part is something that's on the to-do-list for a future update.
Yeah, the story about some girl complaining about the GUI.... ;)

Some parameters are strange in that one can't set them to say 7.00. The envelopes for instance, it's 6.99 or 7.01. It's not important of course (except for us OCD sufferers :hihi: ), but why offer such a high-resolution value readout in the first place, when even with Shift one can't set it precisely? I would find a consistent .1 resolution without and .01 with Shift key better...

Another thing that is unfortunate is that when I use the internal patch manager and pick save or load preset, I am sent to different folders, depending on which folder I had opened last in my DAW. So often load/save preset will send me for instance to my DAW's project folder and I have to click a whole lot to get to my Sylenth patch folder.
Would be cool if one could specify default user patch and bank folders which Sylenth remembers via some config file or whatever.

If modulation for individual envelope phases is too complex, how about a single velocity to time scale modulation for each envelope? So as you hit the keys harder, all three time stages get multiplied by the same factor. Default would be 1 of course. Don't know about the extremes, 3 and 1/3 maybe?
Just saying, now that I am spoiled by Retrologue and Saurus in this respect :hihi:

More ideas:

- a global tune control so that one does not have to adapt all 4 osc settings individually

- you could make space for some additional controls by removing the big Sylenth 1 label and putting a smaller one in the (then flattened, lowered) center part of the display's top rim, i.e. underneath the amp envelopes. A bit like with Nexus, just not as big of course:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oOHqFUIs-O0/U ... skin10.jpg
I would only put "Sylenth1 by @" (that's supposed to be the LD symbol :hihi: ) there, the rest like full company name, licensee name or the version number should not appear on the GUI at all, but on the About screen

- I doubt anyone can read the level meters' db scale, I can hardly read the numbers even with the magnifying glass 8) Get rid of those goofy little bars next to the numbers and make the numbers as such bigger instead.
A control to set the meters' drop-off speed might be useful, especially for fast sounds like percussion

- when using the AB and BA osc/filter routing plus Drive at the same time, there is ugly noise, not sure it is supposed to be there, I doubt it

When using the Copy and Paste buttons for individual sections such as envelopes, one should be able to copy sections across different instances of Sylenth.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Another thing that is unfortunate is that when I use the internal patch manager and pick save or load preset, I am sent to different folders, depending on which folder I had opened last in my DAW. So often load/save preset will send me for instance to my DAW's project folder and I have to click a whole lot to get to my Sylenth patch folder.
Would be cool if one could specify default user patch and bank folders which Sylenth remembers via some config file or whatever.
That drives me mad in a couple of synths (and other software). You may check this out as a workaround: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/3-tools-qui ... s-dialogs/

I have more or less solved that issue by adding a link to my Sylenth preset folder in my DAW projects folder and on the desktop, which are the two locations where I end up most often :P

- better arp
- better browser and sound search, including own preset favorites
- better modulation options
- adjustable GUI, general GUI development
- more fx

FIRST TWO IN THE LIST MOST RELEVANT.

Some specifications for the above, see
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=444932

Return to “LennarDigital”