Looking for an low CPU analog(ish) Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

layzer wrote:
themachinelt wrote:If you want really good analog sounding synth you should forget Low CPU consumption. You just have to, such synths require powerful CPUs not without a reason.
BS. even low CPU consuming VSTs can sound huge with sound design skills and good external FX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwQAmah ... e=youtu.be
Definatly, besides that can applied to every synth BUT they require really big ammount of effort, where's lets say Diva just sounds big and warm out of the box with minimal tweaking.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Poly-Ana
http://www.admiralquality.com/products/Poly-Ana/
Is the L'il Poly-Ana even friendlier on CPU?

What kind of copy protection does Admiral Audio use ?

The original poster has never replied as far as I can see. Maybe we are just wasting our time here...

Numanoid wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Poly-Ana
http://www.admiralquality.com/products/Poly-Ana/
Is the L'il Poly-Ana even friendlier on CPU?

What kind of copy protection does Admiral Audio use ?
Not sure about the CPU usage. Don't use L'il Poly much. Copy protection is keyfile.
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soundwise I think the regular and the little version of PA are compatible/identical, which suggests they use the same amount of CPU. Just guessing here...

fluffy_little_something wrote:The original poster has never replied as far as I can see. Maybe we are just wasting our time here...
Don't you know, Owen Paul has dedicated this classic 'choon to KVR :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGDuOw6 ... freload=10

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread, did the OP explain what,s wrong with the synths he had already tried? To my view, Saurus seems to be the best option - analog style Gui, low Cpu, pretends to be an analog emulation of sorts - but he sorted it out for some reason. Curious why.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

fluffy_little_something wrote:The original poster has never replied as far as I can see. Maybe we are just wasting our time here...
Oh, now I see
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Ok, firstly thanks everyone for the suggestions I really did not expect so many replies!

I'm not going to get rid of the mono/poly, but I've been having issues with it staying authorized, and support is nearly non existent, so I've been using it less, and steadily looking for others.

The synths I listed aren't bad, and some like zebra 2 cover a lot of ground, but in the end I just wasn't feeling them soundwise. I'd say the closet to what I was looking for was actually (please don't hurt me) Tone2 Saurus, but it lacks quite a bit in the bottom end, and it still has that familiar tone2 sheen I'm not a fan of, but I heard there was a version 2 in the works so I'll continue to keep an eye out for it.

There actually were a few suggestions for synths that I forgot I had!

I have poly-ana, but just couldn't get used to it interface.

I also forgot that I bought u-he hive at its current pre-beta price a week ago. I probably didn't give it much thought because reading around most seem to compare it to sylenth1 which I wasn't crazy about, but playing around with it I'd say it sounds pretty different, and I'm warming up to its sound much more then sylenth1.

I think I'm going try to be patient and really give a few of these synths a play-through.

I think I'll look at some filter plugins like "The Drop", its ms-20 filter looks interesting.

you can still get Zebra2 for $150.00 if you use the dinosaur crossgrade. Definitely worth it!

The Drop is great (I own it) but it will not give you the same thing as a polyphonic synthesizer will. The Drop sounds amazing on monophonic instruments though!
:borg:

Waves Element

(it's on sale for $79 right now too)

NuCPU 4.0 is very nice.

Other members can profit from this thread too, this question is an evergreen.

PS. Maybe OP is busy playing around with some of the suggestions? Wonderful idea, isn't it? :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Instruments”